close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Interesting connector issue

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Njanear, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I recently purchased a LNIB G20 with a 5.5# connector. Although the trigger pull wasn't bad, I decided to put in a LWD 3.5# that I had on hand (since I want to make this my hunting G20). Anyways, after doing it, I encountered a strange issue.

What happened is that when I pulled the trigger, I would feel it stage and then sloppily (but lightly) pull back - and right at the end of the trigger pull (I mean literally at the end, as in where the trigger only had a hair of movement to go), it would let go. In dozens of dry fires, it performed exactly the same way (and got to where I could amazingly enough anticipate the release). I mean, the pull was light but less-than-smooth and required 99.999% of the trigger rearward movement to finally release - and when you released it to reset, it was still light and sloppy, but the final trip was the exact same. Again, I got to where I could anticipate the shot - but not quite sold on it, I replaced it with the 5.5# and everything went back to normal.

The connector fitted fine in my GEN2 G23C and was only pulled out to replace it with a Glock 3.5# (for GSSF shoots). Any ideas as to why the above happened? Do you think this is just a Tolerance Stacking issue or ??

BTW, I did NOT perform a $0.25 trigger job on it and I don't believe the former owner did either.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Sounds as if the connector is out of spec. I seem to have the best luck with Glock "-" connectors.

3. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Sep 15, 2007
    Check the bend in the right angle. if you look at a stock one,they are not 90 degrees.

4. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    The LWD worked fine in the G23C, which has me scratching my head on the G20 issue. I didn't try to straighten it out or anything - just did the 'plug n play' and got this. When I get some time this week, I think I am going to break down the G34 and swap its connector with the LWD to see what happens in it.:dunno:

5. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Update: I decided to try the 'problematic' LWD connector out in a new-to-me 2001 G29 and it worked great, leaving me scratching my head. Well, in the deal for the G29, the gent had given me a NIW Scherer 3.5# connector. I took that new connector, popped it in the G20 that was having the issue with the LWD and VOILA!!:wow: - works like a champ. I guess it was tolerance stacking. In any case, both now have nice trigger pulls. :cool: