close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Intel CEO says BUY A Mac if you don't want to fix your computer.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by FThorn, May 25, 2005.

1. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    This is a follow-up to my wildly successful thread "Mac OS X - world's safest computer (OS)"

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304763&highlight=most+secure

Intel's CEO says ... He spends an hour a weekend removing spyware from his daughter's computer. And when further pressed about whether a mainstream computer user in search of immediate safety from security woes ought to buy Apple Computer Inc.'s Macintosh instead of a Wintel PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://online.wsj.com/public/articl...jw8dJXY_20060524,00.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

:) :) ;f ;a

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    no thanks, i work for a marketing firm and i know better than to take computer advice from "business" people (i.e. CEO's).

3. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    uh, yeah, right. I work in an environment with over 10,000 PCs/Servers.

I work directly with HP, IBM, CA, MS reps day in and day out.

It's amazing how much crap Windows is.

4. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    who said anything about windows? ;)

5. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

Aug 7, 2002
    the Springs
    I'd buy a mac

if I couldn't build an enitre network of pc's for what one costs.

I will get an IPOD tho~

6. NGWT

NGWT

Jun 7, 2003
    FL
    Right. That's like taking advice from Janet Reno about what to get your wife for Valentine's Day.

7. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Well, Mr. Otellini (Intel CEO) shared the stage with Steve Jobs today while announcing that new Macs (OS X) will run on Intel processors. And have run on Intel hardware for 5 years, too.

So, in hindsight, not a big stretch for him to extol the virtues of Macs, now isn't it?