close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Intel Celeron D 340 2.93GHz Processor

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by whiskey_moodz, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I usually build machines with AMD CPUs I found a brand new cpu for the low low... Is this a good processor or should I go back to AMD.. Let me know,.. Thanks..

Whiskey Moodz

2. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    The Celeron D processors are a lot better processors than the original Celerons. But I still think that an Athlon XP or an Athlon 64 is a better buy. If you have to have an Intel based PC, and you don’t have enough for a P4, get the Celeron D processor.

How low is the price?

3. It a motherboard and Cpu Brand new for...$99.99 with includes a $40.00 rebate which brings the total price down to $59.99. plus the crappy s/h and tax... but I figure it is such a good deal I may have to get 2...

Whiskey Moodz

4. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    I would get it. It’s good enough for most people’s computer needs. $100 for a proc and a board is a good deal. The $40 rebate is just gravy.

5. That's what I was thinking .. Thanks for the info...

Whiskey Moodz

6. The Celeron D has a 256kb level 2 cache,that's the same as earlier slower Pentium 4's.It has a 533mhz front side bus.That's faster than older Pentium 4's and the clock speed is faster.I built a system with a 2.93ghz Celeron D and it's faster than my 2.50 Pentium 4 with a 512kb L2 cache and 400mhz front side bus.

7. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

Dec 13, 2002
    ABQ, NM
    Where you getting a deal like that? I just might pick up one to throw together another budget box.

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
  9. How true... As much as I have bought from them.. I have never gotten the rebate back.. Why do I still deal with them.. cause deal like this one.. I figure if I truely do get the $40 dollars back then.. it an extra prize for me ... ~2

Whiskey Moodz