close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Insuring your AR's...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by MStarmer, Nov 14, 2011.

1. So looking at my homeowners policy it appears I can't cover the full amount of my latest completed project without another rider policy. So where does everyone insure their high dollar AR toys? Looking at the pics of the multiple Noveske's and SBR's I can't be the only one worried about my investment.

2. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

Oct 23, 2001
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I combine NRA member coverage and a Homeowners rider to cover most of my firearms.

I do not schedule the AR's separately so as not to alarm my agents or my wife unnecessarily:whistling:

3. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Is your wife an NRA member too?

I also do not send a specific list to my insurer. I keep a log of my firearms, including serials and photos, in a Safe deposit box (though it is currently in need of update).

4. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

Oct 23, 2001
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    No my wife is a not NRA at this time, nor does she know how many AR15's I own

5. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    :rofl:

Wife gets the same insurance as you do.

6. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    hehe I get away with my habit because "they all look the same to me". :supergrin:

7. JBaird22

JBaird22

Nov 18, 2005
    Washington
    I also exploit, er, employ the "they all look the same to me" tactic. Although since I have since started duracoating them in different camo patterns, they no longer all look the same.

8. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I wish I could get away with this...mine shoots them almost as much as I do. I can't even put a new grip on without her noticing. Consider yourself lucky!

9. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    The best thing you need to do is have sufficient documentation in case of a loss. But if your HO policy only covers $XXXX you are bound by the terms and conditions of the policy without an endorsement for extra coverage.

I recommend getting the coverage to protect your investment... what is the lack of coverage worth to you?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011