close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Instructors" belt?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Eric2340, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Nov 15, 2011
    One reason: they WORK!!!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. I found that the 'big ta-do' is the simple fact that it is a highly durable, effective gun belt. Only downside is its 'tactical' appearance. For some, this is an attribute.

3. Looks like they are offered in 3 thicknesses/weights -

Low - 3 stitch
    Med - 5 stitch
    High - Poly lined

I'm leaning towards the low for everyday wear w/o a holster / holstered weapon (for wear at work w/ no CCW), but I thinking for when I do carry, the Med weight might be better?

Thoughts?..........................

4. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    I will receive a lined one Fri. Wanted the extra stiffness. Hope I chose right.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    IIRC it was a FBI thing along with 5.11 pants a decade or so ago.

6. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I've had my titanium instructor belt for years, and I wear it with everything but dress clothes. I love it for a lot of reasons, including the fact that it doesn't slip out of the belt loops when my pants are unbuttoned...:supergrin:

Also, the extra velcro loop area is perfect for hanging my golf glove when I'm on the green.

The velcro wore out and they refurbished it for free. Nothing else is even close to wearing out. I carry my cell phone, flashlight, and speedloader pouch on it every day.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  7. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    For me it comes down to comfort. The stiffest is going to be less comfortable but that holster is going to be right up against yah with no flex. I like that as my draw will be more consistent everytime. I also have never worry about it shifting out or in. I think you should go with medium with what you said aka 5-stitch...

I use poly lined but in 5.11. It's called Operator in 1.75inch.

8. ^ this plus if you have true need you can use it for emergency Repelling!@

only thing I can say is I love mine I got the Greenish colored one. Get the RIGHT size and a bit bigger just in case lol..it has a lot of adjustment...but im just about out of space on mine as ive gained a bit of weight(which for me is a GOOD thing) and I may have to buy a new one here as I didnt leave a lot of room for growth :( if I had a extra 2" of velcro space id be great...as it is now ive only got about 1/2" actually attached to the velcro part with some holsters...Has not come lose or anything but id love it to have about 2" more length..

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
  10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    They do work well. I use one made by Galco for range work but it's not for every day carry. It can be used for that but it's awkward if you have to take it on and off often.

12. Maine1

Maine1

Jul 20, 2007
    Maine
    the 5 stitch turns larger guns from safe queens to EDC guns.

13. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    The next one I get I'm going to try for the full velcro coverage to use with my comp gun set up.

14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Gotta disagree........can not understand this statement. :dunno:
    I feel the Wilderness belt is quicker than a standard belt & buckle.
    Also more adjustable than a standard.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  15. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Its funny because before they had "instructor belts" they were called smoke jumper belts. All it is some Kevlar webbing and a parachute harness

If you get an imported one for $15, a good US made one for around $30 to $40.

But use the word "Tactical instructor belt" instead of smokejumper/Rigger belt and cheapen the webbing and all of the sudden they sell for $40 to $60 :rofl:

I like them because I use them for multi day hiking and camping where a leather belt would get screwed up, and cotton cloth would get moldy and ruined. However I hate wearing it because too many mall ninja sheep dogs are using them these days.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  16. FEDLEO

FEDLEO Spread Out!

Aug 13, 2006
    State of disbelief
    I got one similar to that when I was in the military a few years ago. Mine is a little different but similar. I got it because it was hands down better than what I was issued. In fact I have it on right now. Still looks like new even. I like it

17. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Because it is blackberry season here in the Pacific Northwest. An old milk jug connected to the Instructor buckle with a D-Ring and "I'm a pick'n" and when I'm eating blackberry cobbler, I'm a grin'n". Then it's off to the mall to serve and protect!!! Got me the poly lined because a gallon of blackberries is heeavy!
    Mike

18. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Anyone ever compare or have both a Wilderness and Spec Ops rigger? I use and love the Spec Ops. Are the Wilderness better?

19. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    i use my uniform riggers belt, i like it. Made by blackhawk. Picked it up in the echange, sturdy, confortable, versatile