close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Installed a ghost ultimate 3.5 trigger kit WOW!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pintail55, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Pintail55

Pintail55

Well I finally made the plunge and installed a Ghost ultimate 3.5 trigger kit in my g19.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_UTK/35-Ultimate-Trigger-Kit-for-Glocks.html

I was a little worried as I had never fully striped my g19 but was suprised how easy the kit really was to install (obviously with youtubes help :supergrin:).

While I had the gun apart I decided to polish a few areas also. I then took it to the range and WOW. I didn't measure the trigger pull before the kit and I have no way of measuring it after but it is definatley lighter and crisper. I would highly recomend the kit to anyone that wants a lighter, smoother trigger pull. I expected a slight difference but had no idea I would see this much improvement. Well see how things go for the next 2000 rounds but as of right now I'm a very satisfied customer.

2. pknimrod

pknimrod

Thanks I was planning on getting on myself! You talked me into it!
    Peter.

3. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

I put the rocket in mine, with the "Trigger control tab" It's a little nipple you file down to stop the trigger bar's movement after it releases from the striker. It wasn't difficult at all, didn't even need their orange cover plate. Take your extractor and spring out, and just use your striker assembly. Keep your thumb over the end of the striker, and pull the trigger. If it releases, you've shortened it enough. That simple.

The trigger control tab makes a WORLD of difference. If you think the ultimate is good, try the rocket. Same trigger weight, but the lack of over-travel makes it FANTASTIC.

4. raybo

raybo

agree!

5. hawkeye10

hawkeye10

:cool: Glad you had good luck with your Ghost Ultimate. I got mine Friday and hope to get it in this week. Don

6. joeface

joeface

Have the rocket in mine also, I love it.

7. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

Ghost makes nice stuff.
    I have the drop-in 4.5# Ranger in my G36, and the 5# Tactical in my G19. Both are excellent and measured trigger-pulls are right @ 5-5 1/4#.
    Sonnytoo

8. Nutt51

Nutt51

You guy's just made me spend more money.
    I just went to their website and ordered a Rocket kit for my G17, going to
    see how it does and then perhaps one in the 19
    and 21.
    From reading on the site, the 10mm and .45acp Glocks
    use the 6lb. trigger spring already. What lb. trigger
    spring comes stock on the 17, I ordered an extra #6.
    I use my 17 for ccw, do you guys use the #6 TS in your
    ccw guns or just the rocket connector with stock springs?.
    Thanks.

9. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I also agree:wavey:

10. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

I got the entire kit, (not the BS one with the tools, that's worthless, but the connector and 3 springs) and it reduced my trigger pull to around 2lbs. I had to put my weaker trigger spring back in, because with both of their springs, my trigger wouldn't reset back to full forward. Meaning, if I half pulled the trigger to break, it wouldn't go back forward far enough to re-engage the safe action trigger.

Also, I used their striker spring, and had 4 light primer strikes at my last IDPA shoot. Annoying at best, until considering I use this gun for CCW. My stock striker spring went back in, and their trigger spring did too. With the heavier striker spring, it'll push my trigger forward enough to engage.

I never had any trouble with their striker safety spring, though.

*now* here's an iteresting point, and I'll experiment at the range this weekend. Their striker spring is not perfectly square. 1 side of the coil is slightly larger than the other, and I believe that's the side I had on the cup side of my striker assembly. I think it was causing it to drag on my striker channel, and causing my light primer strikes. If it will work reliably, I'll reinstall it. I've not cleaned my slide since my last shoot, in the purpose of putting more residue in my striker channel, to make a loose "torture test" for this spring. If it doesn't go bang every time, regardless if my gun is dirty, what's the point? It's a glock! That's why I got a glock.

Long story short, if you want to experiment, get the spring kit, it's only a few bucks. If not, just get the connector.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  11. denn1911

denn1911

I have a Rocket in all but one of my Glocks and absolutely love them. If anyone here is on the fence, my recommendation is to try it out.

12. ghilliefool

ghilliefool in the bushes..

I just got the Ultimate kit for my G27 with extra spring in it and an extra spring to add to my wifes G26 that has a 10 year old rocket in it, I installed the maritime cups last night, Ill try the trigger bar and springs later or over the weekend

13. Melissa5

Melissa5

Here's another :thumbsup: for Ghost Rocket. Just recently put the 3.5 in my 30SF.

14. Shasta McNasty

Shasta McNasty

didn't like the rocket very much. too mushy. the tactical's not bad if you tweek it (bend it out the proper angle).

15. Redstate

Redstate

Just got the Rocket in the mail the other day, and a friend gave me an orange plate. Hope to install it on my 17 this weekend. I shot my buddy's 35 with a Rocket on it, and I have never shot so accurately with any other gun, including my 1911.

16. tooomey

tooomey

Just got the Ultimate Kit myself and will install connector and all springs this weekend and let all know the out come....

17. Benello

Benello

I have the standard 3.5 Ghost connecter and it is great in every way! My groups are under an inch at 7-10 yds

18. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I installed one for a buddy the other day. I used the stock OEM trigger spring. Feels great.

19. twpayne75

twpayne75

I put a Scherer 3.5# connector in my Gen 4 G19 the other day. I polished it well before installing. It feels pretty dang good compared to stock. Much lighter, crisp, with a good reset. I bought it because my LGS had one in stock and I thought I would give it a shot since I didn't have to order and wait on one.

Has anyone compared the Ghost to the Scherer? Is it that much better that I should go ahead and order the Ghost? If I were going to the trouble of changing again I think I would get the Rocket with the overtravel stop.

Don't think I would want to change any springs to make it any lighter as this is an EDC weapon. Right now I would say it breaks around 4 pounds.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  20. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Congrats. I have the rocket in my ipsc gun and love it