close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

install night sights

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by kymarkh, Dec 12, 2009.

1. kymarkh

kymarkh

Jun 8, 2004
    Kentucky
    Where can I get night sights installed on my G26 in the N. KY/S.W. OH area?

2. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

Jul 31, 2002
    SW Ohio
    There's usually one or more Glock armorers set up at the Bill Goodman gunshows in Cincy and Dayton.

Shooter's Supply store/range in Independence or Quick Cash Gun/Pawn in Florence may be able to help you out as well.

3. malakas

malakas Lifetime Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Free America
    Shooters will install them for free if you buy theirs and will charge 20-25 bucks or so if you bring you own in to have installed. They also do FFL transfers for I think 50 bucks and have a nice indoor range that accepts most rifle calibres.

That said, Randy's Range (randysrange.com) is a no frills outdoor range up to 200 yards for lke 10-15 bucks for as long as you want to shoot. There is an FFL in Burlington at a store called Herbs and More (google it) who does transfers for 20-25 bucks. Not sure if he does night sights or not though.

4. kymarkh

kymarkh

Jun 8, 2004
    Kentucky
    Thanks guys - I go to Shooters fairly often and never actually asked if they'd install night sights. I'll ask them next time I'm there.

5. EKUJustice

EKUJustice

Apr 18, 2007
    They really are not hard to install yourself. A nylon punch for the rear and a bit for the front. Takes about 5 min. The glock sights arnt near as hard as say a kimber sight.

6. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    I have an MGW installation tool if you're in the Louisville area.

7. kymarkh

kymarkh

Jun 8, 2004
    Kentucky
    Shooters in Independence told me today that they don't install sights - they referred me to Garretts gunsmithing in Newport. He's never been fast and I don't want to wait months to get my gun back. Quick cash is where I bought the pistol - they sell them but they don't install them.

Marks in Florence quoted me 120 installed for Trijicons. I might just go ahead and do it since I don't have a vice or the time to do it myself.

I appreciate the offer grunt but I'm not down in that area much nowdays.

8. EKUJustice

EKUJustice

Apr 18, 2007
    Ill have to check my schedule to see when I am up in the NKY area as I can have them on in about 5 min. If your even semi handy they can be installed with a punch for the rear. The glock sights are not exactly a tight fitting sight.

9. FEDLEO

FEDLEO Spread Out!

Aug 13, 2006
    State of disbelief
    Did you ever get them installed? If not shoot me a PM I have the wrench for the front sight and a pusher for the rear sight. It won't take but about 5 minutes or so if your around me

10. kymarkh

kymarkh

Jun 8, 2004
    Kentucky
    I ended up having Mark's put them on - but I really appreciate the offer. Next time I see one of the used sight pushers on the equipment exchange at a decent price I'm going to pick it up.