close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Input Needed from any Suppressed 7.62 Diablo Owners

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Keyhole, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I've just purchased a 7.62 PWS Diablo SBR and have some questions about suppressing it. I was first looking at the AAC 762-SDN-6, put when I called PWS to ask about the threading, they told me the only can they found to work reliably was the Delta P Brevis. Does anyone run either of these cans on a 7.62 Diablo? With what adapter for the SDN-6? With stock buffer or a replacement? I'm open to all input and advice on this. Thanks everyone!

2. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    No idea on your question, but pictures would be awesome.

3. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Understood, but I don't expect the stamp until maybe around May.

4. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    How does a can "run reliably" or not? Anyway, I don't have a PWS Diablo, DB or 762sdn-6 can. I do however have a 16" 7.62x39 piston AR and a 762SD can. It works as far as suppressing the "boom" from the muzzle and cycles fine. The sonic crack will still be there, but it is hearing safe (to me). I use a standard buffer. The SDN-6 would be a better choice for SBR because of the all iconel baffle stack and endcap. I cannot see how one can is more reliable than another except for a blowback issue, but that is not a big deal with adjustable pistons.

5. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    7 inches of barrel is typically not enough to stabilize the bullet. The Diablo has a 1:8 twist rate, so the bullet doesn't even get one full turn before exiting the barrel. Unstable round=baffle strikes, but it seems people are running this weapon suppressed without issues. That's what I'm primarily interested in. Confirmation and details on that.

6. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jun 20, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Most suppressor manufacturers will NOT warranty below 12" due to your blast baffle being absolutely hammered in something that short. If you want to suppress with that length I would suggest looking into 300 Blackout.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012