Injured again

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ateamer, May 27, 2012.

1. Attempting an arrest...no cover unit available...resisting...my left (weak side) elbow pops, arm goes numb. Stay in the fight, elbow pops again. Get my right arm around his neck, he submits.

It looks like a torn and detached tricep tendon. Out for who knows how long.

It's time to get off the street for good. I am getting too old for thid crap. I need to get over wanting to work patrol any longer.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Get well soon. Too bad you got injured because of some low life.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Get well soon, hope that guy gets the book thrown at him/does some real time

:50cal:

4. Sorry you hear that you were injured. I hope you heal quickly. Are you home or at the hospital?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. lloydchristmas

lloydchristmas 132 and Bush

Hope you heal quick. Way to stay in the fight. Patrol can be addicting, I can understand why you find it hard to leave.

Also, someone with your experience will be hard to replace on the street.

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you're wrong about the torn tendon, and its not that serious... I think you're right though, usually a pop is a bad sign, and the going numb can't be a good thing either...

Follow the doc's advice through the recovery process, not too fast, not too slow.

Randy

7. I am sorry to hear you're injured. Get as many diagnostic tests as possible and get a good orthopedist to treat you. There will be time to contemplate a change as you heal.

8. Sorry to hear you got hurt. I've been there, it sucks. Heal quickly!

9. at least you have a choice to get off patrol......

get well soon bro, workman's comp is the land of milk and honey, or should i say cable t.v. and beer.

10. Walking away from something you're comfortable and familiar with is a big step. It won't be easy mentally. But usually, change and trying something new (if you have that option) is good. You can always return to patrol later.

Good luck with your healing.

11. Feel better, Brother.

It sucks getting old..

12. evilwill

evilwill Speaks Jive

Get well, i hope the perp got it good. I had a coworker tear a tendon in his bicep while trying to cuff a fighting perp. It was a career ending injury. He went out 3/4's last year.
    I'm waiting to get nailed by the US mail truck while I'm responding lights and sirens to a robbery in progress.

13. JohnnyReb

Lifetime Member

Get well soon.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. Damn, ateamer, sorry to hear that! Prayers for a quick and full recovery!

15. Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal quickly and can get back to it. Don't overdo the recovery and try to cut the recovery time in half. Take the doctor's advice. Also, go to your own doctor, not just the department's hacks.

16. Best advice I've seen yet. Get some rest, Ateamer, and do what the doc's are telling you.

17. wishing you a complete recovery.

18. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Indeed get better. And, yes I agree it sucks.

19. They may have to drill a hole in your ulna (or radius, if it was the stronger of the two muscles) and re-attach the bicep tendon with a screw.

We was wrassling around one night on the mat and one guy got pinned kinda wrong -same thing happened to him. His bicep curled up (with his arm fully extended) like a baseball. :shocked:

You're healthy enough. In four weeks you should be back out there exchanging body sweat with your wonderful clients.:wavey:

...and I hope your recovery is easier and faster than I am envisioning.

20. Hope you have a speedy recovery