close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Information on my Gen3 G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FLAWLS1, Mar 13, 2012.

1. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1

Ok, I've been reading some of the malfunctions of the later gen3's and I just wanted to know more on this. I took it to the range on Sunday with no malfunctions, but 1/100 shell casings did hit me in the forehead. My fire test date is 12/20/11 and the first 3 letters in my Serial # is SGZ. My ejector also has #336.

2. IMTHESKI

IMTHESKI

I have a G19 with a SN # of FAX. Mine does the same thing every once in awhile. I think it is the way I hold it and don't see it as a problem. I never wore shooting glasses until that happened, that changed real quick. I am not a safety fanatic, but I do apreciate my eyesight. How many rounds do you have through your gun?

3. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1

I only have 100 rounds through it so far.

4. IMTHESKI

IMTHESKI

I would give it a couple more hundred to see if it is a physical problem with the gun. It could just be new springs as well.

5. DocWills

DocWills

You need at least 200 to break in the gun. An auto will occasionally hit you with brass.
    Various reasons for that. If the gun closes and locks on the next round then a stray casing is not an issue. Take what you read on the net with a dose of salts.

6. donovan655

donovan655

1/100 isn't a problem in my opinion. However if it degenerates to 1/50 then something has changed and there is a problem.

Here is some additional perspective...

I have a late model gen 3 and a recent gen 4 g19 as well as two other glocks of earlier production.

When my wife shoots the gen 3 g19 she can go about 2-3 magazines before she gets a casing to the face. then she gets them 1/20.

The problem as best I can tell is shooter fatigue and the resulting grip and anticipation and wincing.

I get the occassional brass to the face with the gen4 g19. 1/100 or so. I get fatigued and shaky after hundreds of rounds. so i think that shooter fatigue plays a bigger role in the erratic ejection debate than most think. I don't think it is the whole story though.

I also think that the g19 for some reason is particularly susceptible to erratic ejection. My other glocks (17,22,26) do not eject nearly as erraticly as either of my g19s. my gen4 has the better ejection pattern but will still give brass to the face once in a while. Watching videos of folks shooting older g19s shows something similar. So i don't think erratic ejection is something totally new either.

7. LRB45

LRB45

When I got my Gen 3 Glock 19 in April of 2011, it would throw brass at my forehead for the first 150 or so rounds. Since then it has not done so for the last 800 rounds or so.

Like someone else mentioned, maybe it just needs a breakin period. Or it might never go away and you end up with a gun that has issues.

Also go out and purchase several brands of ammo and run a couple hundred rounds down range and see what happens.