close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Information is knowledge...

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Underdog314, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Underdog314

Underdog314

May 31, 2004
    N. Central, PA
    Information is knowledge, even if you only check a home page.

I'm volunteering part time for my church till the Pastor returns from a sabbatical and maybe takes me on the staff as a Youth Pastor. With the state of the economy, we've been getting quite a few calls for help. Now I believe in a leg up, but there has been quite a few looking for a hand outs. Today's took the cake...

Caller: Hi, is Pastor X in?
    Me: Sorry he is out on Sabbatical, Pastor Y is the current term Pastor.
    Caller: Oh, I was speaking with Pastor Z (the assistant pastor) the other day and he said there was a fund to help people with certain needs.
    Me: Yes there is, its a little tight, but what might we be able to do?
    Call: Well I'm laid off and I have no money to get back to the area, would you be able to send me $200 to do that? :faint: (this isn't even the funny part)
    Me: Where are you living now?
    Caller: Jersey, I moved here about three years ago.
    Me: OK, When did you speak to Pastor Z?
    Caller: Last week?
    Me: Well Pastor Z moved home 2 months ago to care for his mother, but ill pass the word onto Pastor Y and we'll see what we can do. :rofl:

I did pass it on, but I couldn't help but text Pastor Z and see if he spoke to this individual, the reply text was: Who?