Infamous Cardboard Box Time

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Ruggles, Oct 11, 2012.

1. :supergrin: Heck yeah!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Good goin ruggles! Great choice. I took possesion of a pll about six weeks ago.
    And by the way, our serial numbers are within 30 of each other!

3. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

That's beautiful!! Congrats!!

4. Brothers in arms :) I bet they sat in the same pile at Baer's at sometime. :)

5. I am sure they did! I have close to 300 rounds through mine and it hasn't made it any easier to break the slide loose. For me at least, i hope it stays that way.

6. About the same number thru this one, still as tight as crap. I owned a Bear TRS Comanche for about 2 years. Never got any loser after many many rounds. I bet these PIIs will be tight for years to come :)

I honestly wish it was a wee bit looser, this thing is brutal tight :rofl:

7. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

The wonderful thing about tight pistols is it's a hell of a lot easier to make tight ones a little looser than it is to make loose ones a little tighter.

8. Ahhh very true :)

But does it need to be so tight it makes me feel like a 9 year old girl when I am trying to chamber a round!

#48 Ruggles, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  9. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Maybe it's time to hit the gym my friend. :supergrin:

10. Been married for 20+ years, I would think that that particular motion using my arms and hand would be in my favor and I could rack that slide, repeatedly and often :rofl:

11. Its a cool round for sure and the only round designed specifically for the 1911.

12. Thats the stuff right there, congrats!

13. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

That gun looks awesome. I really like the grips.

14. Thanks :wavey:

15. They look nice, pretty aggressive texture for a wooden grip. Carrying IWB can be a tad bit abrasive on the skin :) But it's not too bad.

16. Congratulations!

17. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor
    CLM

Nice collection going there for sure. I picked up a used Baer Stinger a couple years ago...and the card board box was included! Since then also bought a new Brown Carry, but like the Baer better...may think about getting a full sized Baer when I finish this project and get home.

18. Hey ruggles, i was able to shoot mine outdoors at fifty yards today. Got an honest 2 1/2 group with six shots on only my second attempt. just using a handload of mixed brass and 230 grain ball. Mine does not have the 1 1/2 inch guarantee. I was shooting seated with a backrest. Was also able to make some good hits on a 35 pound barbell plate at 130 yards. The baer gets better all the time.

#58 garander, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  19. Kinda one of those things that one is never enough :rofl: Sounds like you have plan to enlarge the 1911 family. I really like the looks of the Baer SuperTac full size.

20. Very nice indeed :) I do not have the 1/2" either, I can not imagine I could ever really take advantage of that kind of mechanical accuracy :) Sounds like you had a great day of shooting,congrats :) Looks like you and you Baer are warming up to each other. :wavey: