Glock Talk banner

Infamous Cardboard Box Time

12K views 65 replies 31 participants last post by  RetailNinja 
#1 ·
Pretty darn plain as you know

But sometimes good stuff comes in plain packages

Les may be a jerk but he builds nice stuff IMO. Went looking for a Baer in .38 Super but this one will do!

Family Pic, waiting for the last one (for now anyways :rofl:)to arrive, A Wilson Classic in .38 Super. Should be here in November or December.

See less See more
#57 ·
Nice collection going there for sure. I picked up a used Baer Stinger a couple years ago...and the card board box was included! Since then also bought a new Brown Carry, but like the Baer better...may think about getting a full sized Baer when I finish this project and get home.

#58 · (Edited)
Hey ruggles, i was able to shoot mine outdoors at fifty yards today. Got an honest 2 1/2 group with six shots on only my second attempt. just using a handload of mixed brass and 230 grain ball. Mine does not have the 1 1/2 inch guarantee. I was shooting seated with a backrest. Was also able to make some good hits on a 35 pound barbell plate at 130 yards. The baer gets better all the time.

#59 ·
Nice collection going there for sure. I picked up a used Baer Stinger a couple years ago...and the card board box was included! Since then also bought a new Brown Carry, but like the Baer better...may think about getting a full sized Baer when I finish this project and get home.
Kinda one of those things that one is never enough :rofl: Sounds like you have plan to enlarge the 1911 family. I really like the looks of the Baer SuperTac full size.

#60 ·
Hey ruggles, i was able to shoot mine outdoors at fifty yards today. Got an honest 2 1/2 group with six shots on only my second attempt. just using a handload of mixed brass and 230 grain ball. Mine does not have the 1 1/2 inch guarantee. I was shooting seated with a backrest. Was also able to make some good hits on a 35 pound barbell plate at 130 yards. The baer gets better all the time.
Very nice indeed :) I do not have the 1/2" either, I can not imagine I could ever really take advantage of that kind of mechanical accuracy :) Sounds like you had a great day of shooting,congrats :) Looks like you and you Baer are warming up to each other. :wavey:

#61 ·
Very nice indeed :) I do not have the 1/2" either, I can not imagine I could ever really take advantage of that kind of mechanical accuracy :) Sounds like you had a great day of shooting,congrats :) Looks like you and you Baer are warming up to each other. :wavey:
You may not have the 1 1/2 option, but i have a feeling that many of the standard guns will shoot close to 1 1/2" anyway, at least if you take the time to find a load it likes.

#63 ·
I thought Les Baer was actually pretty nice. He looks like a decent guy from his Youtube videos and interviews.

I thought it was Ed Brown that was the jerk??

Ed Brown Is Rude Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube
From what I have read (and take that for what it is worth) both Brown and Bear can be jerks. I hear tell that calling Baer and telling him one of his 1911 is not working is pretty much like kicking him in the nads. He tends to blame the user for any issues :rofl:

Who knows if it is true.

#64 · (Edited)
From what I have read (and take that for what it is worth) both Brown and Bear can be jerks. I hear tell that calling Baer and telling him one of his 1911 is not working is pretty much like kicking him in the nads. He tends to blame the user for any issues :rofl:

Who knows if it is true.
LOL!! I actually laughed out loud when I read this. My wife looked at me at the computer and was like, "Baby what's so funny?"

Its probably true, what you say. Probably both Brown and Baer are so passionate about their guns, have spent so many years working hard at their business, that anything even resembling criticism is tantamount to a personal affront.

Bottom line: The both make great firearms. [I think I do prefer the Baer stuff, though]. Congrats on the new piece - it looks like a real pleasure to own, display, and shoot.

#65 ·
LOL!! I actually laughed out loud when I read this. My wife looked at me at the computer and was like, "Baby what's so funny?"

Its probably true, what you say. Probably both Brown and Baer are so passionate about their guns, have spent so many years working hard at their business, that anything even resembling criticism is tantamount to a personal affront.

Bottom line: The both make great firearms. [I think I do prefer the Baer stuff, though]. Congrats on the new piece - it looks like a real pleasure to own, display, and shoot.

I would think Baer and Brown are just about on par with each other in quality and build. The Brown I have seems a little more "refined" than either Baer I have owned. But that is a very subjective thing so take it for what is it worth :supergrin:

#66 ·

Who knows if it is true.
When I called I spoke to him about my slide stop notch needing to be re cut as it was peening out. He said it was because I was using CMC magazines. I said I used them because the gun wouldn't run with LBC magazines. There was some yelling then he told me to send the gun in. Free repair and fast shipping. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.