close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Infamous Cardboard Box Time

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Ruggles, Oct 11, 2012.

1. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    From what I have heard Ed is a few lengths ahead of Les in the "Jerk 400m" race but Les is hanging in :whistling:

I am just going by what I have heard over multiple years from numerous sources. Who really knows the truth. :dunno:
    I hope I never have to find out.

I called Wilson once due to an issue with the front sight on my CQB and they were great to deal with. I mailed them just the slide on my dime ($11 with insurance I think) and they fixed it and mailed it back within a week. They included 2 ETM mags to offset my $11, not a bad deal for me :)

The CQB in the "family" picture is an Elite, what features did you want that were not on the CQB? Just curious.

3. Glock_en_speil

Glock_en_speil

Jan 12, 2011
    I configured the CQB as more of a custom/classic model. It had a naked slide, gold bead front sight, shortened (countersunk) slide stop, magwell, FLGR and BP upgrade. It had a black on black Armor-Tuff finish.

The CQB Elite that I have on order is going to be a tactical/all business gun and I didn't deviate all that much from the standard configuration. Then again as you know a CQB Elite is pretty loaded as it comes. All I did was add a shortened (countersunk) slide stop, a FLGR and selected the black starburst G10 grips that normally come with the CQB. I also really wanted the new one piece magwell/MSH which Wilson has only recently made available to the CQB Elite. Up until a few months ago it was only available on the Supergrade. I honestly don't see the value in owning a Supergrade. I rather keep the extra $1500 in my pocket or put it towards a second Wilson. I may go for an X-Tac next.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  4. Roydrage

Roydrage

May 24, 2012
    I have 2 Wilsons, and love the way they feel in hand.

They seem very slim aside from grips than my Springfield TRP.

I heard that Baers feel Bulkier, and thicker than the Wilsons, or Browns.

I was interested in getting an Ultimate Master So What say you?

Thanks,

Royd

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I've had two Baers. They're thicker/bulkier to the point that they won't fit a kydex holster made for a 1911. Were too tight to draw in a Milt Sparks leather holster.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Exact same here. Milt Sparks holster + Wilson = fine. Milt Sparks + Baer = too tight a fit.

The Baer does feel slightly "fatter" in the hand than the Wilson.

7. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas

Sounds like a great build. It will be built like a tank and shoot like a sports car I bet.

One of the reasons I really like Wilson as a builder is the variety you can choose from when ordering. Kinda like having the Deluxe Mister Potato Head instead of the regular version as a kid. You know all those extra noes, ears and eyes to choose from :)

8. CONGRATS! Will probably play with 38 Super soon.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    You should, I really love it. I would say I prefer it above .45ACP in a 1911. Not to say .45ACP is not fun to shoot, we all know it is. The .38 Super just has it's own style IMO. I am itching for a 9mm 1911 :)

10. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    :rofl::rofl:

There good with me!!!! I could use some myself!! I was joking. I remember the longest thread ever started with the comment I made.

11. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    In my limited experience, you are exactly correct. To Brown's great credit, Ed seldom answers the phone any more.

12. Cowboy1629

Cowboy1629

Sep 15, 2010
    Indiana
    As soon as I saw the title "Infamous Cardboard Box Time" I knew exactly what you were talking about.

I have a Baer TRS that is one heck of a shooter. Finish may not be as durable as my Brown or Wilsons but you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Baers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Nice collection by the way!

13. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    :rofl: Yeah that box thread was epically long!

14. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Beautiful looking pistola. :thumbsup:

I sure miss that cardboard box thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

I wonder if they would get wise when you started sending it in every other month. :supergrin:

16. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Worth a try :rofl: