Glock Talk banner

Infamous Cardboard Box Time

12K views 65 replies 31 participants last post by  RetailNinja 
#1 ·
Pretty darn plain as you know

But sometimes good stuff comes in plain packages

Les may be a jerk but he builds nice stuff IMO. Went looking for a Baer in .38 Super but this one will do!

Family Pic, waiting for the last one (for now anyways :rofl:)to arrive, A Wilson Classic in .38 Super. Should be here in November or December.

See less See more
#30 ·
I configured the CQB as more of a custom/classic model. It had a naked slide, gold bead front sight, shortened (countersunk) slide stop, magwell, FLGR and BP upgrade. It had a black on black Armor-Tuff finish.

The CQB Elite that I have on order is going to be a tactical/all business gun and I didn't deviate all that much from the standard configuration. Then again as you know a CQB Elite is pretty loaded as it comes. All I did was add a shortened (countersunk) slide stop, a FLGR and selected the black starburst G10 grips that normally come with the CQB. I also really wanted the new one piece magwell/MSH which Wilson has only recently made available to the CQB Elite. Up until a few months ago it was only available on the Supergrade. I honestly don't see the value in owning a Supergrade. I rather keep the extra $1500 in my pocket or put it towards a second Wilson. I may go for an X-Tac next.

Sounds like a great build. It will be built like a tank and shoot like a sports car I bet.

One of the reasons I really like Wilson as a builder is the variety you can choose from when ordering. Kinda like having the Deluxe Mister Potato Head instead of the regular version as a kid. You know all those extra noes, ears and eyes to choose from :)

#34 ·
I was under the impression that Ed is the jerk, Les seems like a nice guy as does Bill Wilson. I'm a Wilson fan myself. I ordered a CQB and waited 7 months for delivery. It was very nice but I didn't do my "homework" as well as I should have. I decided I wanted a different kind of configuration so I sold it a couple of weeks after it arrived and "got back in line" with a CQB Elite now on order. It's not due until next spring.
In my limited experience, you are exactly correct. To Brown's great credit, Ed seldom answers the phone any more.

#35 ·
As soon as I saw the title "Infamous Cardboard Box Time" I knew exactly what you were talking about.

I have a Baer TRS that is one heck of a shooter. Finish may not be as durable as my Brown or Wilsons but you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Baers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Nice collection by the way!

#36 ·
As soon as I saw the title "Infamous Cardboard Box Time" I knew exactly what you were talking about.

I have a Baer TRS that is one heck of a shooter. Finish may not be as durable as my Brown or Wilsons but you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Baers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Nice collection by the way!
:rofl: Yeah that box thread was epically long!

#39 ·
I called Wilson once due to an issue with the front sight on my CQB and they were great to deal with. I mailed them just the slide on my dime ($11 with insurance I think) and they fixed it and mailed it back within a week. They included 2 ETM mags to offset my $11, not a bad deal for me :)

I wonder if they would get wise when you started sending it in every other month. :supergrin:

#46 ·
I am sure they did! I have close to 300 rounds through mine and it hasn't made it any easier to break the slide loose. For me at least, i hope it stays that way.
About the same number thru this one, still as tight as crap. I owned a Bear TRS Comanche for about 2 years. Never got any loser after many many rounds. I bet these PIIs will be tight for years to come :)

I honestly wish it was a wee bit looser, this thing is brutal tight :rofl:

#47 ·
I honestly wish it was a wee bit looser, this thing is brutal tight :rofl:

The wonderful thing about tight pistols is it's a hell of a lot easier to make tight ones a little looser than it is to make loose ones a little tighter.

#49 ·
Ahhh very true :)

But does it need to be so tight it makes me feel like a 9 year old girl when I am trying to chamber a round!

Maybe it's time to hit the gym my friend. :supergrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.