close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Indy Metro cop shot, smokes perp. Suspect "a good dad"

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Kadetklapp, Dec 13, 2011.

1. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Sounds like he will make a full recovery, that's good news.

One less d-bag on the streets, also good news.

2. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    The reverends will be coming out of the woodwork shortly, you watch...:upeyes:

3. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    He had a good job he was starting next Monday....just starting to turn it around and the evil police officer ended it all.:whistling:

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    That area, is a rough, rough area. I saw an article that said most of the problems that area has, are from people who live outside the area. Yeah right. That is not an area you're in after dark (if you have any sense).

My Mom, she takes a lady home that she works with that lives not far from where this took place. I hate her doing it, and have voiced my opinion on it. Her theory is, it's safer for her to drive, drop her off, and get out of there, rather than that woman have to walk home in that area. She's right of course... but still.

Thankfully her car's doors auto lock and I don't have to worry about whether she has locked them or not.

Glad the Officer is OK.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  5. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Ol' Demetrius sounds like a stellar citizen. :whistling:

Fox59 searched police reports in Marion County and came up with 12 different reports involving Martin, including incidents involving drugs, guns and assault. He was also involved in several incidents while in jail. In one, Martin allegedly smeared feces and urine on another inmate.

The officer involved is no slouch on the firing range. :thumbsup:

6. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
  7. Chuck54

Chuck54

Nov 8, 2007
  8. I was in Indy yesterday.

(1) Glad the officer is doing well.

(2) You can't swing a dead cat around Indy w/out hitting some homeless folks. Didn't they get the cold weather memo? :supergrin:

9. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

Feb 11, 2006
    Pa
  10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I'm assuming you were Downtown. There are a lot of shelters/missions downtown, or very close to downtown. So most of the homeless check out in the morning, go get their drink on, hopefully are sober enough to check back in around 5-6 that night. I'm guessing our homeless problem is no different than any other big city. I think it's just because it is so concentrated downtown, it looks worse.

IGF

11. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    I think the transient/homeless problem has gotten considerably worse in the last 2 years or so. That or the bodies just aren't making it all the way to the White River as efficiently as they used to...

12. Sippo

Sippo

Jul 27, 2010
    Hats off to the officer! Great response under stress.

"Good Dad" would have been better off in prison.

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well of course it's gotten worse, it's gotten worse all over the country, Indy is no different.

However, there's a heavy concentration of homeless people in Downtown Indy, that typically isn't found as you proceed further out from the center of town.

14. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    THAT'S where I went wrong!! I missed the part about shooting cops being necessary for being a "good man."

Hopeful for a full recovery for the officer. Glad to see the problem was dealt with in a decisive way.

15. Prayers sent for the swift recovery of Officer Runnels.