close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Indy I-465: sharp uptick in State Police parking/radar usage.

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by FThorn, Jun 24, 2007.

1. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Any particular reason that there a TONS more ISP on the side/median on 465 nowadays?

I have seen probably a 400% increase.

I can only assume they are specifically after ME, after-all. Am I right? ;)

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Boy you must really have a led foot as often as you post about radar, detectors, speeding, etc.

I've not noticed it anymore than usual..

IGF

3. blackbeast

blackbeast

Oct 30, 2006
    i've noticed it too, wondered the same thing. Surely there is a better use of their time.

4. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    It does not take me any extra neurons to notice them, really. And in the last two weeks, I've seen at least TWO sitting with radar for every 20 or so miles I drive.

I am ticket free for I think near 11 years, now. (3 speed auto, 4 cyl van)

5. biggl35

biggl35 NFA user

Jul 3, 2005
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yes, I have noticed a significant increase in ISP traffic enforcement on 465. IMHO, it is needed.

<--Drives a truck locally, and I see all the idiots on the road everyday.

6. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I have seen more police cars in general in the last few months for some reason. I see at least one almost every time I drive anywhere it seems, even short trips.

I usually don't speed, but I have sort of have a default speed of 40-45mph on the surface streets, as in I just normally drive that speed without looking at the speedo. So I am usually okay except for school zones and the occasional random 30mph zone which I can an eye out for. Highways I drive as fast as the rest of the traffic (which usually means 70-75mph on 465 ;) ).

7. blackbeast

blackbeast

Oct 30, 2006
    speed is nowhere near as big as a problem as
    1. people generally driving like asshats.
    2. people blatantly running red lights. My jeep is going to be a customized short wheelbase edition sooner or later.

8. I am always amazed at how stupid people drive whenever I get out of the police car and drive the wifes car. I never realized how polite people become when they see a police car.

The red light running, tailgating and lane changes without warning let alone space to do so, are out of control.

Of course, people doing all of those things are saving so much time.:upeyes:

9. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Now, why do you call the radar traps idiots? :rofl:

10. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    On some of my daily drives, I can see 7 police cars on one 2-mile stretch of road. When I travel, and from other places I have lived, I'm amazed at how many police cars are on the road/visible around here. But, seeing them just driving from point-a-to-point be (even for personal use) is not what I was originally talking about. I'm talking about the ones that are currently parking on 465, with active radar for same-direction traffic. In 15 years, I have never seen so many over a two-week or so period consistently. It just seems like they have been given some new marching orders.

11. mpholic

mpholic

Nov 1, 2004
    Out of control is an understatement. I expect this sort of behaviour (that doesn't make it right though) from the yuppies driving their expensive sports cars but I see this more often than not from soccer moms driving their minivans full of kids on the way to school or some kiddie sporting event. Most of them are on their cell phone while doing it too. I can't believe these people are driving so irresponsibly with their children in the car.

12. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    Agreed. The first time I got in a CVP car I was amazed at how much nicer everyone around you is.

Kind of makes me want to buy a crown vic but they guzzle gas...

13. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    My dad had a Mercury Marauder for a couple of years. It was funny seeing people change lanes to get out of the way and them slowing down/mashing the brakes to get back under the speed limit because they thought it was a police car.

I wish he still had it. That was a cool car.

14. I'm GLAD that I'm seeing more on the roads, especially 465.

What really burns me up, though, is when I have my cruise set at 65 and am passed quite easily by IMPD...without them being on an emergency run.

Too bad there's not a website where citizens can register driving complaints against cruisers! :supergrin:

-J-

15. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    One day I to will hopefully gain the skill of looking at a police cruiser and instantly knowing its destination!

16. Yeah, you know those cops. Always driving too fast when you see them, but they never arrive fast enough when you call.

17. Loucks

Loucks

May 11, 2007
    Central Indiana
    As far as I'm concerned, the more IMPD on 465 the better! That just leaves fewer to cover "Super" 70 while I'm on the way to work. :tongueout:

18. Z34Lee

Z34Lee Rush is Right!

Feb 13, 2001
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I almost never leave Marion county anymore on my normal commutes. I use College Ave, Meridian, 38th, and 10th streets everyday. There are a few things I notice daily. One is not staying in your lane. Meridian, College, and 10th are all very narrow. Don't make it worse by swerving over lanes! Another is constant red-light running. It's not hard to stop in time. Occasionally you catch the tail end of the red light, but I must see people blow through when it's red before they even hit the intersection at least 3 times a trip.

19. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    Careful on super 70, I got two tickets in uniform on the way to work the race. If they didn't have mercy for me I don't think anyone else is going to get any mercy either lol....