close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Industrial monitor replacement TTL to VGA

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by havensal, Jun 22, 2010.

1. havensal

havensal Nozzle Jockey CLM

Aug 14, 2003
    Western, NY
    I have a machine that has an old monitor on it that I need to purchase a replacement for. The existing monitor is a Mitsubishi AUM-1391A.

This has a DB-9 connector into the TTL port on the monitor. From what little info I can find it is 16 bit TTL.

I would like to replace this monitor with a standard VGA or DVI monitor.

I can't replace the video card in the machine.

I did find PDF for an RGB/VGA converter box, but I can't find anywhere to actually buy one.

I did find a monitor that might replace the existing, but that will keep me dependent on TTL monitors.

Any suggestions?

2. TuxthePenguin

TuxthePenguin

Dec 4, 2008
    DB-9 connector into the TTL port...

Sounds old... real old.

3. rushdooney

rushdooney

Feb 8, 2005
    Kane County, IL
    If you cannot replace the video card, could you add another video card to the system that is DVI/EGA compatible? What O/S are you on?

4. havensal

havensal Nozzle Jockey CLM

Aug 14, 2003
    Western, NY
    It's not a computer, it's an industrial machine with some proprietary OS.

The equipment is old and the manufacturer hasn't updated any of it to modern standards. They will sell me a new monitor for $3500 and a 6 week lead time. The problem with that is I can't have a spare laying around. This is a critical piece of equipment and I would like to have spares.

5. epoxy252

epoxy252

Jun 1, 2008
    NC
    From what I remember the old school NEC multi-synch monitors (and most other similar spec monitors) could automatically adjust for rgb/cga/ega/vga with the proper adaptor. Like this one http://www.amazon.com/HD15F-TO-DB9M-MULTISYNC-ADAPTER/dp/B0024RIMIO

That being said though my father and I used to make a tidy profit selling new old stock cga/ega monitors to industrial equipment/hospital equipment repair services.

6. elongshine

elongshine

Aug 13, 2010

Can use Industrial Video Converter- RGB, MDA, CGA, EGA to VGA Converter:
    [​IMG]

Input
    Signal
    TypeMDA, CGA, EGA, RGB, RGB Sog, RGBS, RGBHV, YPbPr, Mono/ColourInterface9 PIN, 3 PIN, 5 PIN, 6 PIN, 7 PIN, 15 PIN, 20 PIN, 24 PIN, 25 PIN, BNC port…ParameterAnalog: 0.5-1.0 / TTL: 0.2-5.0V
    75 ohm / 750 ohm
    Scanning: Progressive/InterlacedOutput
    Singnal
    TypeStandard VGA/SVGA, 800*600/60hzInterfaceStandard 15Pin D-SUBPowerDC 5-12V 1.0A / Consumption- 2.0W maximum
    IVC-809 Performance and characteristic
    1. MDA, CGA, EGA, RGB, RGB SOG, RGBS,RGB cs, RGBHV, YUV Signal auto scan
    (Horizontal Scanning Frequency: 12K-40K, Vertical Scanning Frequency: unconstrained).
    2. Vertical Resolution: 160-600 lines, auto scan.
    3. Horizontal resolution: unconstrained, auto scan.
    4. Supports sync separation, CS composite sync, SOG green sync, YPbPr (SOY) sync.
    5. Supports monochrome, Grayscale, color signal input.

more info:
    http://cncmonitor.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/rgb-mda-cga-ega-to-vga-converter/

7. elongshine

elongshine

Aug 13, 2010
    Can use IVC-809 industrial video converter

IVC-809 Performance and characteristic
    1. MDA, CGA, EGA, RGB, RGB SOG, RGBS,RGB cs, RGBHV, YUV Signal auto scan(Horizontal Scanning Frequency: 12K-40K, Vertical Scanning Frequency: unconstrained).
    2. Vertical Resolution: 160-600 lines, auto scan.
    3. Horizontal resolution: unconstrained, auto scan.
    4. Supports sync separation, CS composite sync, SOG green sync, YPbPr (SOY) sync.
    5. Supports monochrome, Grayscale, color signal input.

Quick reference for IVC-809:
    Input Signal: MDA, CGA, EGA, RGB, RGB Sog, RGBS, RGBHV, YPbPr, Mono/Colour
    Input Interface: BNC port, 9 PIN, 5 PIN, 6 PIN, 7 PIN, 15 PIN,24 PIN, 25 PIN...
    Parameter: Analog: 0.5-1.0 / TTL: 3-5V, 75 ohm / 750 ohm
    Scanning: Progressive/Interlaced
    Output Signal: Standard 15Pin D-SUB VGA, 800*600/60hz
    Power: DC 5-12V 1.0A / Consumption- 2.0W maximum

Sales:Elongshine@gmail.com