close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Indoor Ranges?

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by ContractSoldier, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ContractSoldier

ContractSoldier

Nov 15, 2007
    Anyone know of any good Indoor ranges that are a 1 hour drive or less from the Cincinnati, OH area that allow you too fire high power rifles like AR15, AK47, AK74, etc.?.

I do know of one range In northern Kentucky that allows you to fire these weapons on there Indoor range, It's called Shooters Supply.

2. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

Feb 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    Tagged. I would like to know as well. I have a membership at crappy Target World.

3. ContractSoldier

ContractSoldier

Nov 15, 2007
    Here's the link to the Indoor range In Kentucky, haven't been there yet, but from the picture's It looks much better than Target World and they told me on the phone that shooting my M4 there Is not a problem.

www.shootersupply.net

4. Racsan

Racsan

Mar 7, 2002
    Ohio
    A little more then 1 hour is Open Range just north of Louisville. They have 100yd indoor.

5. firedog978

firedog978

Nov 12, 2004
    Cincinnati
    CS, you're sure of the range allowing high powered rifles? I went to their site linked and didn't see anything about rifles.

6. ContractSoldier

ContractSoldier

Nov 15, 2007
    Just got off the phone with them, they advise me agian that they do allow high power rifles on there Indoor range.

Racsan, do have a name and web site to that range?.

7. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

Jul 31, 2002
    SW Ohio
    I've been to Shooter's Supply (near Independence Ky., NOT the same folks as those with the gun store in Loveland Ohio btw) and yes they allow virtually all rifle calibers. Off the top of my head the the only stuff forbidden there is the ultra-fast (4,000 +fps) stuff like .17 Mach II, .22-250, etc. And .50 BMG, for obvious reasons. Also, BB guns are normally not used because of the ricochet hazard from...well, almost anything that's downrange.

8. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

Feb 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    I am going to have to check out this place sometime when my Target World membership expires.

9. firedog978

firedog978

Nov 12, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Me too, except that I have no membership at TG to expire first.

10. ContractSoldier

ContractSoldier

Nov 15, 2007
    As much money as Target World has made over the years since they first opened there doors, you would think that now more then ever, they would Invest some money back Into there range, It just better business and will attract more customers If they upgrade and add more firing lanes, allow high power rifles, and upgrade your ventilation system, It sucks.

They just built onto the Inside of there store to make more space for more sale's, but they cant Improve there Indoor range, come on, learn how work kids.

11. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

Feb 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    Half of their lanes don't work. You think the dumb owner would realize that with winter coming up, people are going to be stopping in more frequently. Also, this summer they installed a new AC system. It was STILL HOT in there.

12. ContractSoldier

ContractSoldier

Nov 15, 2007
    That Ok, I'll drive the extra 30 to 35 or however many minutes more of drive that It Is from Target World too Shooter's Supply. Just the fact that Shooter's Supply allow's high power rifle's on there Indoor range has sold me.

13. CincyBrad

CincyBrad

Jan 2, 2004
    Ohio
    I was at Shooters Supply yesterday (Kentucky one), really really nice place. The rates are the same as Target World, but the facilities are brand new. And yes, things like AK's are allowed. You can shoot steel case ammo as well.

The only issue, make sure you know where you are going, some of the roads down there aren't marked really well.

14. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

Feb 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for the update Brad. I am really tired of driving to my aunts and uncles farm in Indiana to shoot my AR.

15. CincyBrad

CincyBrad

Jan 2, 2004
    Ohio
    The biggest pain is finding Old Madison Pike. It's off KY17, except the friggin thing isn't marked, it's a blank 4 way stop. No street sign, no nothing. :(

Depending on which way you are going, it's either right before, or right after, Pleasure Isle drive, which is actually marked.

16. getorix

getorix Gamehendge

Sep 9, 2007
    Ohio
    There is an indoor range in Vandalia Ohio that is currently building an underground rifle range. I heard one of the guys thats works there say it shold be done by the end of January. Vandalia might be a little further than you want to drive....

http://www.vra-ohio.com

17. Racsan

Racsan

Mar 7, 2002
    Ohio
    It is called Open Range ( http://www.openrangesports.com/ )

18. elderboy02

elderboy02 Cincy Glocker

Feb 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    I just got back from Shooters Supply in Independence and it is fan freaking tastic! :dancing: I will most likely be buying a membership. The range has great lighting. I shot 120 rounds through my AR, and shot my revolver. The employees were very busy, but friendly. They had free donuts and coffee. Some guy next to me was shooting an awesome .308 Savage rifle.

I highly recommend this place! :supergrin:

19. CincyBrad

CincyBrad

Jan 2, 2004
    Ohio
    Are they crowded? I'm going to be there around 4:30.

20. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

Jul 16, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    Target World sucks the big one. The only guy there worth talking to is the old guy Jim. All the others behind the counter are lacking (imho) lacking in knowledge or are so full of B.S. that I just cannot stand going in there anymore. I wish I had the money to start my own place across the parking lot from them, so I could really cater to the shooting community and put Target World out of business. I would invite Jim from there to come work for me.