Glock Talk banner

Indiana DOC Parole officer fired over IMPD death

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jpa 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hardy has been charged in the shooting of Indianapolis Metro Police Officer David Moore last month. Moore died a few days after being shot at a traffic stop.

The investigation found that Officer Moore was shot during the traffic stop before he took his gun out of its holster.
Wow, and some idiot recently ranted on CT about how most police work is safe.

#4 · (Edited)
Not good enough.. firing? He needs to be charged with negligent homicide.
FWIW, it was a "she."

:whistling:

And charging her with NH (criminally) would simply lessen the burden of the defense who would be representing that scroatbag hardy, who deserves to burn in the fires of a thousand hells for his life-long felony career.

#6 ·
#8 ·
I'm sure the all powerful union will get her job back, with back pay. Do you have all powerful unions in Indiana?

She deserves to be fired. One of the few components of the CJ system I have no experience in is probation / parole, but come on, is the job so taxing that she can't run her people once a month through NCIC? I takes about 2 seconds to type in a social.

#9 ·
#10 · (Edited)
Look at the URL. It is English language, with of course other origins.:rofl:
My rule of thumb is that any word beginning with "herma" or ending with "phroditic" came from Latin.

#11 ·
My rule of thumb is that any word beginning with "herma" or ending with "phroditic" came from Latin.
Actually, IMS, it is from the Greek.

#12 ·
I think its a little bit of a rush to judgement, considering none of us has any idea of what the parole officer has to work with over there.

It sounds like the parole system is broken, rather than it all falling on the POs shoulders. In this state, everytime a parolee is ran through CCIC/NCIC, there is a name hit sent to DOCs 24/7 operators who then notify the parole officer on her Blackberry. She then puts a parole hold on the parolee while he is in the jails custody pending a parole complaint being sent to the board.

My wife has a case load of 90 of these pricks. She keeps tabs on them best she can. Daily NCIC checks wouldn't have prevented this career criminal from doing what he did.

Does the InDOC need to modernize its parole system? You bet your ass.
Is this parole officer a scape goat? You bet your ass.

#13 ·
Parole in Indiana is a joke. I know several POs and they are good guys who don't take any ****, but you can't violate every scroat for getting a DWS or some stupid crap. However, when you have child molesters, cop-beaters/resistors, and known gang members getting 3-do-1 time on multiple felony convictions and getting out before the ink dries on the abstract then that's ridiculous and only burdens the POs further.

#15 ·
Wow, and some idiot recently ranted on CT about how most police work is safe.
Most do. However, I am yet to see fishermen routinely murdered for doing his job . . . how many fisherman were killed last year doing their job?

#16 ·
I think its a little bit of a rush to judgement, considering none of us has any idea of what the parole officer has to work with over there.

It sounds like the parole system is broken, rather than it all falling on the POs shoulders. In this state, everytime a parolee is ran through CCIC/NCIC, there is a name hit sent to DOCs 24/7 operators who then notify the parole officer on her Blackberry. She then puts a parole hold on the parolee while he is in the jails custody pending a parole complaint being sent to the board.

My wife has a case load of 90 of these pricks. She keeps tabs on them best she can. Daily NCIC checks wouldn't have prevented this career criminal from doing what he did.

Does the InDOC need to modernize its parole system? You bet your ass.
Is this parole officer a scape goat? You bet your ass.

10-4. In PA if a parolee as much as changes their address with Penn-Dot the agent and three supervisor's are all notified via email and JNET by the Parole 24/7 center. Nine out of ten times the system works, this could have been the time that it didn't. The agent will be sacrificed, in a year and a half she'll get her job back with back pay and up to a $250,000.00 settlement, then quietly retire... Will anything change? Probably not. The big change in PA came after the "Mud Man" homicide, followed by the shootings of several Philly officers.

#17 ·
In NV we get a "DONS" hit and have to notify P&P via message the circumstances of the encounter, if the subj is cooperative, if there's a weapon involved, if we're arresting them, etc. The system is also preprogrammed with all the standard parole restrictions in a form with check boxes (no alcohol, no entering a gaming establishment, curfew, etc). If they violate any of those conditions, you check the box next to it and hit send. Then they tell you if they want a detainer on them or not. I've forgotten to click the cooperative box a couple times on accident and they wanted to detain them. A quick phone call cleared that up but at least they're willing to violate their parolees if they screw up.

In IL, when you run a parolee it shows up just like a hit. Illinois has a 24/7 call center where you can reach an operator who can reach that parolee's agent or an on-call agent immediately. Or you can send a message via LEADS. I was always very diligent about making these notifications. I have two family members retired from IDOC parole, anything I can do to make their coworkers' jobs easier.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.