close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Independence Day....

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by rockabillyrider, Jul 3, 2012.

1. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    ... what the hell happened to us? I don't think it deserves a celebration.

2. I disagree.

And I would like to add how much I appreciate GTPI and all you participants whether I happen to agree with you or not. You have provided me with countless hours of entertainment and even an occasional thought provoking moment. May God bless you, your families and our country. May we always be free enough to do this.
    :wavey:

3. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004
    Then leave.

4. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    Beforeobamabans? What did I miss? No disrespect but your name leads me to believe that you might be concerned with our freedom as well.

5. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    I think you need to explain your point of view here, do you hate america therefore why bother celebrating? or america has gone down the toilet and we let it happen?

6. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    I'm sure you know what I mean.

7. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Cheese and crackers people. We have had far darker days than now. Hell, look at the GI generation. They were born into poverty and joblessness greater that we see now. They then fought a war on a scale never seen before or since. They built the Arsenal of Democracy with slide rules and adding machines. They then held off the Communists one battle at a time. Some we ay never know about.

Now that we are at the begining of a new melenium you want to quit? You want to give up? You want to not fight for everything they bought for us, sometimes with blood?

America's brightest days are ahead of us. There is a reason why we have people from all over the world coming here. Its because we have more opportunity and bounty than any other nation on earth.

8. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Jul 22, 2002
    In Remembrance
    If they waited a week we could have lost our independence on the same day we won it.

9. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009

Bravo! That was very uplifting, for a moment, then the truth is hard to ignore. We are in a world of hurt. The commies you mention are in the White House. The GI generation is now the OWS generation. When it comes down to hard times economically people don't ask what they can do to help themselves. No, they want you to do it for them. Yes you are correct, outsiders are flooding into this country for the opportunity and bounties that we provide, as long as we provide it for them. The media, politicians and courts have made it clear that we are just pawns.

Pardon me while I vent.

10. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    Hey, Stop with the unpatriotic slide into reality.

11. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    What about the TEA Party? The Occutards do not own their generation's ideals.

A lot of those illegal immgrants work their asses off. Some are my neighbors. They want to be Americans. A lot want to be Americans like you.

12. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    I'm looking forward to a post-Obama America.

Until then, I will make the best of each day and celebrate what I can.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  13. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    Tea Party? You're kidding right?

14. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I take it you won't be waving an American flag made in China then?

15. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Let them knock and come in the front door next time, instead of sneaking in through the bathroom window.

16. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Known criminals living next door to you, an officer of the law.

17. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    I have a lot of Ross's in my family.

18. rockabillyrider

rockabillyrider

Jan 19, 2009
    It must be getting late, I was gonna let that one slide! :rofl:

19. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

The thin blue line -----------. It's not solid any more.

20. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Seeing as how I am the grandson of an illegal immigrant it is hard for me to get worked up about their immigration. Beside we have an ICE agent in house who reviews our gang files to find the illegals and then use that to flip them. We are having a hard time because we don't have that many illegals that are gang members.

Mark my words in a generation the Republican party will be doomed to the fringes if they do not come up with a sensible plan for immigrantion reform.