Independence Day......choice of the flag to fly.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by hogship, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Right -- just thinking about all those invasions they repelled from US soil under the 50-star flag brings a tear of patriotism to my eye.

The truth is, "You cannot invade the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. There, in glaring brilliance, is EXACTLY why the internal enemies are screaming and scheming to wrest your firearms from your not-yet-dead fingers. :steamed:

3. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

[​IMG]

Good luck, y'all.

4. OldSchool64

Platinum Member

I think I've put this in the proper context :supergrin:

Who wants the government to limit others freedoms?

5. My 'bottom line' is: there's government and there's the country... when our government stops honoring and behaving according to the Constitution, it no longer will receive my love. Period. That allows me to love the country more than some class of morons who, for instance, will "pass a law so we can see what's in it".:steamed:

6. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Okay, I see what happened.
    When I wrote "these threads" I didn't mean 'this thread' nor 'these posts'.
    That was in response to the suggestion that 'freedom' is what we have in common. What freedoms and liberties we think others should have are not common among all of us. That is the cause of many arguments in these threads (NOT THIS ONE). This thread isn't about that.