Independence Day......choice of the flag to fly.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by hogship, Jun 21, 2013.

1. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

If I may make this suggestion........many of us are still feeling patriotic towards the foundational principles of our country, but what this country was......and, what it has become, are not one in the same.

To underscore this belief, I've been flying the "Betsy Ross" 13-star American flag for the past few years. To me, this is stating a belief in the core principles our country was founded upon......but not necessarily supporting the "big government" we are now saddled with.

It's a subtle, but powerful statement......and I will continue to fly the 13-star flag in the foreseable future.

Much better than flying the current flag upside down......:upeyes:

[​IMG]

ooc

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

[​IMG]

I'll be flying this one. :wavey:

3. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Just make sure it's not hecho en China. Find some made-in-the states colors.

4. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Might as well go with a Chinese one since Americans will be blasting off fireworks made in China to celebrate their dependence.

5. Harbor Freight sells made in China USA flags with sewn stripes and embroidered stars. One state in which they have stores does not allow this flag to be sold.

6. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

7. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

Same as every day, a Gadsden flag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

8. Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

9. Yep, 50 states, thirteen stripes. What I swore to defend.

10. JBnTX and I disagree on many things. This is not one of them. 50 stars and 13 stripes will be flown at the Bomber household, just like the rest of the year.

11. Sam Spade

Lifetime Member

Balderdash.

12. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

California, perchance?

As for flags, I'll fly whatever I please, and I'm partial to the Bonnie Blue.

13. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vwXbQZvJo"]Ragged Old Flag by Johnny Cash - YouTube[/ame]

14. Just because you may disagree with the current condition of this country is no reason to disrespect the American flag.

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

I fly the current flag. I may add a 2nd flag in the near future (tossing around which one).

16. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

99 out of 100 of you will end up flying the government's flag. It's a function of normalcy bias, and the attraction to that which is familiar. It's also the path of least resistance. It is intellectually comfortable and requires little of you.

Just as you will eat the government's chemically soaked food, drink the government's hormone laden milk, send your children to the govenment's schools, use the government's loans to buy houses in the government's subdivisions, support the government's agents, and vote for the government's politicians.

17. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

...and use government services/programs/infrastructure... while complaining about them.

18. Sam Spade

Lifetime Member

You presume too much.

It's no act of disrespect to fly Betsy Ross's flag on the 4th, nor Old Glory on 12/7, nor the Star Spangled Banner in September.

19. The government's flag should be a skull and crossbones...

20. Been flying the Bonnie Blue for years.

[​IMG]

and wearing this cap

[​IMG]

Doc44