close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Inconsistant powder drop - Lee Auto Disk

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Gpruitt54, Sep 1, 2012.

1. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    There are a lot of good beam scales. they don't require battery's.

Ohh yea did I mention that they a;ways work?

2. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Not always. I know of two that didn't.

3. Gpruitt54

Gpruitt54

Jul 18, 2012
    Cool, is there an option here for bookmarking thread?

4. I don't think so; just add to your favorites. I think you'll find more info in the Stickies as well.

'Scale' threads roll around on here frequently.

5. Gpruitt54

Gpruitt54

Jul 18, 2012
    To all you guys on this forum, thanks for helping me get my first everreloads running and with awesome results.

I went to the range tonight to try my reloads. I was nervous as hell withthe reload in my chamber, ready to release. But after the first shot, I couldnot believe just how well the reloads performed. Great control, low recoil,tight groups. In fact the groups were a personal best for me.

I am so totally excited and smiling from ear to ear. Yeah, I know I havejust gotten started in this hobby, but I can definitely say that am a reloaderfrom now on.

Thanks Dudes!

6. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    Congrats, that feeling of shooting that first one will stay with you a long time.

7. Gpruitt54

Gpruitt54

Jul 18, 2012
    It was an amazing since of accomplishment to see brass, powder, and bullet come together into something that actually works; and works well. WoW!

8. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Good to hear the loads worked out well.:wavey:

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Bogus, IMO. Even at a high load that may be like 500 cycles. Screw that.

10. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    I read through both user manuals (Auto Disk and Pro Auto Disk) and there is nothing said about running powder through the mechanism.

However, doing so will coat the measure with graphite and also smooth out any rough spots. Whether it takes a pound or just a few dozen operations is the question.

The only requirement for the measure is that it throw consistent charges. I would think you would want to exercise it enough to convince yourself that this is the case.

Richard

11. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Take the powder measure apart and wash it in soap and water. This is to get rid of any oil, and remove a lot of the static cling. Dry the powder measure of all water. Take a used dryer sheet and wipe it down. Hopefully that gets rid of the rest of the static cling. Put some powder graphite on the moving parts and where the powder disk slides. Operate the handle 10 or so times add powder and run about 10 rounds through. Check your powder charge by going through a 4 stations. Throw 10 charges and weigh all 10 this will give you an average of what you are loading. Or adjust the powder disk accordingly.

12. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    That is what I did with mine. It still had some static but nothing running some powder through it did not take care of. After you wash it you have take it apart and dry it thoroughly. Pull out the silicone piece and dry it well and dry every crevice with a q-tip. Anything that has a hint of moisture on it will have powder stick to it.

13. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    I was ready to add my 2 cents and then saw that things seemed to be worked out! Congrats.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  14. Gpruitt54

Gpruitt54

Jul 18, 2012
    Thanks a bunch. Cain't wait to get some more loads done to do some more shootng. Shooting has never been so good as it now that I can control my rounds.

I've ordered one of those Lee micrometer powder measure for my Lee Autodesk. We will see how well it works out.

15. zippyhuntin

zippyhuntin

Dec 16, 2011
    NE Iowa
    I saw that it was asked earlier, but not answered- you did clean the shipping oils out of the auto-disc riser and the powder through expanding die, correct?
    If not, it will cause powder to clump and then you'll get wild swings in your charge weights.