close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

In the waistband mag holder?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Pro 2A, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Pro 2A

Pro 2A

Aug 30, 2011
    I'd like to carry an extra mag for my G26, but I don't want it sticking out on my belt (already have a leatherman case on that side). I have a crossbreed supertuck that I wear on my right side and I'd like the extra mag on my left. Any comfortable and secure IWB single mag holders out there? A web search using key words didn't turn up anything I liked.

2. We make one. To be honest, all IWB mag carriers pretty much suck for anything other than a single stack. Double stack mags are so thick and narrow, they create a lot of pressure IWB in one small spot.

Okie has one of ours. You might get better feedback from him. I personally have never worn one more than a few minutes. Didn't like it.

3. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    Left pocket? I usually throw an extra in my left back pocket, just pull it out or move it when I drive somewhere.

4. Pocket mag holders are very popular.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  5. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    What Scott, said. You're already carrying a gun IWB. Stuffing something else in your waist band is going to really screw up your pants fit and be super uncomfortable. The other thing is that IWB is typically good for a gun because it hides the bit hanging below your belt in your pants where it's less visible. Mags don't hang below the belt line so there isn't much advantage.

The absolute best mag holder, IMO, out there is the Desbians Reverse Cant. Pure genius. Review thread HERE.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Comp-tac has one. I haven't tried it.

Consider OWB horizontal carry. Safariland 123.

[​IMG]

7. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    I use a leatherman pouch OWB on the belt. Works great.

8. Pro 2A

Pro 2A

Aug 30, 2011
    Maybe it's because I'm female (or have "extra padding") but I have tucked a Glock mag into my waistband and it's not uncomfortable. I put my gun between 2 and 3 o'clock and the mag between 11 and 10 o'clock.
    But that leaves the end with the rounds exposed (inside my pants), so I was hoping for a pouch to help protect it from snags and lint and so I don't have a round getting loose and falling out the bottom of my pant leg :).

Because of the mag's thickness, it really sticks out and shows through a shirt when it's worn ON the belt. Not that it's recognizable, but it looks "lumpy" and I don't like to look more lumpy than I already am :)

9. That is pretty cool. One of those WHY DIDIN"T I THINK OF THAT! things. Know what I will be laying out at the shop tomorrow. :whistling:

10. How about a SOB horizontal mag carrier. That would be easy to make and should hide very well.

11. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    that would def keep it in the ready position instead of messing with it!

12. I have one of these.. never use it but I definately think it makes more sense than anything else.. I only don't use it cause I never carry an extra mag.. also for the record it isn't iwb but it is comfortable

13. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    Do I get to field test the first Proto? :supergrin:

14. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    I use a Comp Tac and a LOT of mole skin its fairly comfortable with a spare g-17 mag

15. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

May 1, 2010
    Las Vegas
    I carry an extra gun in my pocket, rather than an extra mag.

16. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Jun 18, 2005
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I've carried mags IWB before. Horrible discomfort for me! Even while carrying the gun OWB.

I think it's Tucker Gunleather who has a "no returns" policy on those, for that reason. Looks like a good idea, but doesn't work so well in practice, for most.

17. Pro 2A

Pro 2A

Aug 30, 2011
    The Comp-tac looks like it has potential. Not sure about the sloped bottom that extends deeper than the mag. I think that would poke my leg when I sit given where I would be carrying it. Maybe I can get them to cut the bottom part off?

18. goldenlight

goldenlight

Apr 15, 2007
    I always carry an extra magazine or two in my left front pants pocket, or in cold weather, in the left jacket pocket.

19. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I agree. You'd think if you can shove a pistol in your pants and be comfortable, a magazine would be no problem.. but there's just something about a magazine that doesn't lend itself well to IWB carry.

If you don't want to carry a spare mag on the belt, get a pocket mag holder... I found this the best.

IGF

20. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I don't have a pic of me wearing it, but this is what the one Scott makes, looks like. It is very comfortable also:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]