Glock Talk banner

In the Market for Tactical Shotgun Case

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  swinokur 
#1 ·
I have one of the tactical Mossberg 500's that has the door breacher. If you've ever checked that thing out close, you know it could do damage upside somebody's teeth. It's jagged alright.

Knowing this, can anyone send links to a place where I can find a bag that won't get chewed up carrying this thing around? I've been looking at the 18-inch scabbards, and I like those because they're inexpensive and look like they could tote a tactical shotgun w/ pistol grip, door breacher, 6-shell saddle.

Have anyone experience with this? I'd appreciate any links to online merchants who carry shotgun bags. I just want to carry this one shotgun; I don't have a collection of shotguns and/or rifles. Mainly a handgun kind guy, so I don't know where to look. :dunno:

Thanks!

#2 ·
Assuming you're just talking about to and from the range and not one needed for airports, I use this one for mine:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=939127599

Even though it says 'scoped rifle', I found it fit better because of the knoxx stock my shotgun changes the angle (makes it less straight than a traditional stock). It's pretty heavily padded and if you wait, they go on sale from time to time.

#6 ·
Wondering why people don't get a hard case. Midway seems to have them in the $20-30 range.

#8 ·
I bought one from Wilson Combat (old Scattergun Technologies) but it doesn't appear to be any better than the ones from Midway and others. It does have a nice Wilson Combat embroidered logo so I can give them free advertising. I don't know how you could keep a breecher from tearing it up, however.. How about putting a silicone pistol sock over it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.