close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In South Carolina

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by shdwboy, Apr 18, 2009.

1. shdwboy

shdwboy
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Diesel

Hey everone! checkin out some of the other forums on GT and i came across this. any of yall close to the charleston area?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glockphobia

Glockphobia
    Expand Collapse
    NOT!

nope, but, welcome to GT:supergrin::wavey:

3. GT4494

GT4494
    Expand Collapse

Yes. Real close.

4. Carbonfly

Carbonfly
    Expand Collapse

Stalker close? haha.

Anyways, welcome to the Carolina forums!

5. WhtCivic93

WhtCivic93
    Expand Collapse

Another new member here from SC

6. Desert Fox

Desert Fox
    Expand Collapse

South Carolina here, as well. Welcome...:welcome:

7. Glockphobia

Glockphobia
    Expand Collapse
    NOT!

Welcome to GT:wavey:

8. Glockrunner

Glockrunner
    Expand Collapse
    HOOYA DEEPSEA

Summerville close enough?

Welcome to GT:cool:

9. shdwboy

shdwboy
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Diesel

Thanks yall. For those of you close the the area im trying to find a good gunshop to check out that isnt real high priced. Ive tried ATP there not bad i just wanna check some other places out to see whats out there.

10. rns-glock37

rns-glock37
    Expand Collapse

i live in summerville, sc. atp located on college park road is a nice place but very expensive. have you tried the range on cross county road? it's located just down the street from north charleston mall. it's not quite as nice as atp but much more reasonable on prices. welcome, i'm new myself and was wondering in anyone close to my living area is logged onto gt.

11. BigDog40

BigDog40
    Expand Collapse

Oconee County checking in

12. Glockrunner

Glockrunner
    Expand Collapse
    HOOYA DEEPSEA

For the search in a phone book, that would be "Trader World."

Up near ATP, on Hwy 17A, towards Moncks Corner, is another gun shop, "The Gun Doctor." He does have a selection of long and short guns but not as many as the afore mentioned shops. Think you'll find them veryknowledgeable and customer attentive. If they don't have what you want they'll order it at a reasonable price.

13. shdwboy

shdwboy
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Diesel

Yea i have heard of Trader World but never checked it out. Ive stoped in the gun docter twice for ammo and to ask about puting a hi-viz front sight on my p95. Atp is huge! I used the range last week its nice. Im used to the outdoor ranges in the woods.

14. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb
    Expand Collapse

Come on up to Myrtle Beach we have 2 indoor and 1 outdoor range.

15. Crazy KD

Crazy KD
    Expand Collapse

Long time lurker...first time poster from Mt P.

No really cheap gun shops in Charleston. ATP is outrageously high. I just priced a rifle that has a MSRP of $400 and they had it for $650. I can get it from Gun Broker for $400 or other places online. I did take my CWP class there and the set up was nice....Trader World is also high....Carolina Rod and Gun on Savannah Hwy in West Ashley is clean/nice, but also on the higher side. New place I found the other day is Henry's on 17 in Mt. P. Much smaller and Henry is a hoot. His selection is a little thin as guns aren't his only thing, but I enjoyed talking with him.

My general gauge is the price of a standard Glock with standard sights like the G19. My target is around $500, but you aren't going to find one for that price anywhere in Charleston.

I grew up in Columbia so I generally buy my guns from shops there. Shooters Choice and Sportsman's Warehouse. I bought a brand new G19 from Shooters that someone traded in (it had never been shot) for $420 a few weeks back. Last time I checked Shooter's price for a new Glock was just below $500. Of course I was in Sportsman's over easter and they are barren. They aren't supposed to close that store, but from the inventory they might as well.

16. MDC

MDC
    Expand Collapse

You can try Barton Burwells on Maybank hwy about 2 miles West of river Road on the left near First Source builders. They carry Para, Sig and some others--not a large place--but not a bad selection, prices are not "too high" priced a Para at $75 lower than MSRP.

I'm on Folly Beach.

17. MDC

MDC
    Expand Collapse

By the way-- Trader world just charged me $20 box of 50 9mm Blazer Brass--Walmart price is $8.97 if you can get it! There's the difference. OUCH!

18. Crazy KD

Crazy KD
    Expand Collapse

There is one in Mt P also. I thought they only sold fishing stuff. Next time I go by there I'll stop in.

19. shdwboy

shdwboy
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Diesel

Yea ive gotten ammo from Barton and Burwell. Its not wallmarts price but it will do. HAHA yea about Henrys, Ive been there many times. Yea ill sit there and talk with the guy for 20 30 mins every time about hunting, and firearms. Cool dude. His prices are high for me but its come down to if you find it and want it real bad youll pay the price. Ive been getting my 45s at sports authority latley when they have them. BTW how did ya know i was in mtp???

20. Crazy KD

Crazy KD
    Expand Collapse

I didn't...I live in Mt. P up 41. I've started to see more ammo around and saw some 45s a couple weeks back. I've yet to find cheap range 9 mm though anywhere. I've found 380 auto, 357 sig, tons of 40, 223, and 45 only once. Last week the Walmart up in Ladson had probably 20-30 boxes of .40 on the shelf.