close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

In need of smiths that work on high powers

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by ICEMAN28, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ICEMAN28

ICEMAN28

Jan 10, 2007
    Frederick, MD
    Thinking about getting some work done to my high power after I finish my 1911 project. Was looking at hierloom precision and there work looks top notch, but wow way to expensive for me.

Can some of you guys list some smiths that can do similar work theat mybe arent as pricey. Thanks fellas

2. Novak, C&S, do a google search , there are a few, but quality cost

3. jbourneidentity

jbourneidentity

Nov 10, 2008
    Karl Sokol at Chestnut Mountain Sports is reasonably priced and one of the "Big 5" BHP gunsmiths. Super nice, too.

4. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    The three listed here are 3 of the best. I had one of my HiPowers totally rebuilt by Wayne and his guys. It's my favorite pistol, bar none.

Worth every penny I spent...which really wasn't all that much, considering what was done.

5. vmr357

vmr357

Sep 5, 2003
    Utah
    I'd add Don Williams to that list. He's good but getting busy as the word gets out.

Vern

6. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Novaks and C&S are very good and not outrageously expensive like heirloom. Not knocking Ted Yost, I have two guns done by him--one when he worked at Gunsite and one when he worked under the Yost-Bonitz firm name. But when I talked to heirloom about working over one of my series 70 commanders it was $3k and Ted did roughly the same work for me 5 years before for about $1200.. God bless him if he can get it but he's outta my league. Wayne Novak's shop in WV does great work and they usually can get it turned around in reasonable timeframes. I've never sent business to C&S but they have a reputation built on working over Browning HP's.

7. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
  8. LH2

LH2

Sep 16, 2005
    Arizona
    Cylinder & Slide takes forever. Novaks is a bit quicker. Don Williams is slammed with backload and not accepting new jobs at this time. I spoke with him via phone last week.

My Mk III is at Novak's now. I'm pretty excited!

9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    They're in the same price range as Heirloom.