Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Impressive 9mm

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Tiro Fijo, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011
    Very impressive 9mm hard barrier tests with a proprietary solid copper HP (not Barnes). For those that are worried about hard barriers it doesn't get any better than this with a handgun:

[ame=""]Mike Cyrus of Lehigh Defense tests the 9mm ME in plywood - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=""]LeHigh Defense 9mm 105 gr ME Ammo Testing - YouTube[/ame]

A great test of what this bullet does AFTER penetrating the intended target indoors:

[ame=""]9mm Lehigh Maximum Expansion Bullet Test #2 - YouTube[/ame]
  2. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan Cool Guy

Mar 25, 2003
    I just couldnt bring myself to use such a light 9mm load.

I think if I was in the market for a solid copper bullet I would stick to the DPX.

3. Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH

If you want to research this concept a bit more I can recommend a book by Tom Halstead called "Reduced Load Ballistics".

[ame=""]Reduced Load Ballistics Research Manual: Tom Halstead AAGSR: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@[/ame]

I am not sure that I will go along with everything Mr. Halstead concludes but I can not knock his research... The man has done his homework!

Anyway it is interesting reading and research, a 166 page paperback and for just under $10 at, it's worth the read.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  4. Has Corbon went back to Barnes bullets?
    They were making there own. Performance with these bullets was/is dismal..
    Last batch I had around five months ago. It was a box of their own. In gel a. 380 would have done better.
  5. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011
    Corbon makes their own NORMAL JHP's, however their SCHP's are made by Barnes.

Why was their performance dismal? :dunno:
  6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I use a 115gr JHP +p+ 9mm, and I am concerned about whether of not it will expand and stop in a sternum bone in the chest. There's no way that I am going to uses a lighter, slower bullet in my G17.