close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Impressed Streamlight TLR-1s weapons light

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO, Feb 16, 2011.

1. USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO

USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO

Jan 14, 2011
    Ohio
    This weapons light is great ....great power and strobe....let alone price $84.99 @ombexpress and free shipping on orders over 89.99...I got a few other things from them aswell

2. Luminary

Luminary

Oct 26, 2009
    I have the TLR-1 on my Glock 19 but mine doesn't have the strobe feature. Great flashlight nonetheless.

3. Slayer

Slayer A Simple Man

I got mine from Express Police Supply for the same price. I love the strobe feature and the fact that it is LED. I ordered a IWB Comp Tac Ctac light bearing holster for it. I love the set-up cause if I need the light I have it at all times. I want to try the Surefire X300 on my Springfield Armory Loaded Operator with full length rail. I will probably get the same holster for that set-up as well.

4. Search

Search

Feb 20, 2009
    TLR-1s has been on my duty gun for almost a year. "Tacticool" strobe disabled.

It's a solid light that has held up very well.

5. I just oredered one from OMB also last week. Should have it soon since there was a shipping mix up. Have only heard good things about them.

6. catalyst686

catalyst686

Apr 13, 2010
    Minnesota
    I got the TLR-1s a few months ago, I'm impressed needless to say. I put it in my range bag and the button must have got switched on, I took it out the next morning and the light was very dim but still on! I got a few more batteries from optics planet, I'll make sure not to do that again haha.

7. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    I have both the 1 & 2s models. I have been very happy with both of them.

:thumbsup:

8. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    Thanks for the info. I'm stuck between The TR-1 and the X300.

9. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
  10. papaac

papaac

Jan 31, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I should have added something to my order to get the free shipping.

11. USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO

USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO

Jan 14, 2011
    Ohio
    No problem ...add something small to your order and get the free shipping....

12. mullin

mullin

Jan 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Extra batteries!

I bought 2 of these lights. During testing I accidentally pointed one at a wall mirror . . . had spots before my eyes for about 20 minutes. These lights are BRIGHT!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  13. I own both. Don't get me wrong, the X300 is awesome, but for the price, the TLR-1s is hard to beat.

The main difference for me is the fact that the X300 can be activated momentarily by pushing in on the toggle switch, whereas the TLR must be rocked. The X300 works better for me on an AR because of this additional feature. For a pistol I am comfortable with either one.

14. plasticslap

plasticslap

Oct 16, 2006
    Cary,NC
    [​IMG]
    Love mine! Shot it with the light on the gun and now this GSR/possible muzzle flash burn is on the top. Anyone know how to clean that off?

15. utahusker

utahusker

Oct 18, 2010
    I don't think the strobe is for "coolness". It's to disorient your assailant, and not pinpoint you as a target.

16. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Apr 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    I like mine too- makes the G-20 bedside gun look even BIGGER!:cool:

17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    Would that be a win-win situation? In the bedroom and bigger???

:tongueout:

18. mullin

mullin

Jan 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Hoppe's No. 9 Solvent took it off my TLR-1s in an instant!