close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm seriously impressed!

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Jan 2, 2013.

1. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

Seriously I am. I have a Philips 40" LED 1080p TV, on the Science HD channel there is a show on Black holes, when they show video of the stars and black holes the pic is just mind boggling. Like I said I am seriously impressed:alex::faint:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    Magnus2131 likes this.
  2. GreenDrake

GreenDrake
    Expand Collapse
    Rip Lips

We were glued to the tv all day yesterday watching the series on The Universe. The vastness of space is something else. Really curious about mutliverses now.

3. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

It's not a Bravia?

Magnus2131 likes this.
  4. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

Nope, it's a Philips 40PFL7505D, give 440 bucks for it :supergrin:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  5. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy
    Expand Collapse
    Support the 2nd

If one thinks about it, everything in the universe seems to come in great multiples. It's only logical that the observable universe itself is but one of a near infinite (or even infinite!) number of universe, and if so then it's quite likely that each universe differs from the others as far as the laws of physics and physical constants. For instance, in one universe the gravitational constant might be much weaker, and stars never form. In another it is much stronger and the whole universe quickly collapses back on itself not long after it was formed.

Another thing to consider is that if there is an infinite number of universes, there would be a huge number of universes with laws of physics compatible with ours. Also there are only so many ways atoms can be arranged. Somewhere on the order of 10^500, in a planet the size of our planet, an exact duplicate of Earth would be a statistical certainty. That means that if the our observable universe is only a fraction of the actual universe (quite likely actually) that there is a near statistical certainty that at least one clone of Earth exists somewhere else, including you and me.

6. Buki192327

Buki192327
    Expand Collapse

okie, if I can borrow $439.00, from you, I will get one of those TVs. :supergrin:

7. dango

dango
    Expand Collapse

Hell , I noed me a black hoe onced , Fine young :shocked:
    never mind .:faint:

8. GreenDrake

GreenDrake
    Expand Collapse
    Rip Lips

I know, Cyber, pretty cool stuff. There was an episode that discussed multiverses and the proverbial wormholes, atomic breakdown necessary to create a transporter (and the data storage needed to hold said information), time travel (only forward) and other things to consider. It was all pretty fascinating to think about. My family and I love the universe and space shows, can't get enough of them. Puts life in perspective about what a tiny tiny blip we are in the cosmic scale of things.

They even did a bit on CERN, I was hoping to see Steve our resident particle physicist in there, but alas, he was a no show. Love the collider and the mini black hole concept.

#8 GreenDrake, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  9. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

+1. Irresputably, the Sony Bravia would have been a better choice.

10. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

I ain't got it right now my friend:embarassed:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  11. Magnus2131

Magnus2131
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Gimp
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad