close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Im ordering my first WC tommorow. Give me some input.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by rsxr22, Nov 7, 2010.

1. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    So I am pumped, finally got the funds together to pick up my first semi-custom. Right now, I am set on the X TAC. But I've never held or saw one in person.
    Im thinking....
    -blended magwell
    -bulletproof ambi and slide lock
    -armor tuff finish
    -I also have to figure out what WC grip is the most aggressive to decide on grips.

My questions are.. 1. Has anyone played with these? How is WC Park'd finish in relation to the others?( I cant believe WC even parks a gun)
    2. Did you like the feel of the grip? MOST IMPORTANT: WERE THE SERRATIONS SLIPPERY?( the only review on youtube, the guy mentions that the slide is kind of slick. My first 1911 was a Kimber SIS and it was very hard to rack the slide because of the design of the serrations, i dont want to go through that again) 3. Am i forgetting anything to add to it?

OR should i just stick with a CQB and upgrading it??

I know exactly what i want, yet im still so confused!!:faint:

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I much prefer the traditional looks of the CQB.

...and you can order it how you want.

[​IMG]

3. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I gotta agree with Brian. I'm not down on the X-Tac by any means, I actually like them quite a bit, but they are what they are. So, if you're completely in love with the X-Tac, then you might be alot more happy with the CQB, done to YOUR specs. I love my CQB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    i've played with a X-Tac.

the XXXXX serrations weren't as bad as i thought (thought it would be similar to the SIS), but still not as good as 20LPI checkering (IMO)

5. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Im sure it is not. I cant get what I want from WC though, they wont do 20 or 25 LPI. If they did it would be a no brainer to me.

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    time to go with another manufacturer then :tongueout::rofl:

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Thanks Brian. :thumbsup:

8. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    I'm pretty fond of my CQB in standard Army OD. :cool:

[​IMG]

9. JRB75

JRB75

Oct 29, 2009
    I have to ask.. What is the intended purpose for this pistol? Carry, Self Defense, Competition? Go with what YOU want and or need. What feels great to one person may not to another. Both are very nice weapons and I am sure you would be happy with either.

On a side not, I find Wilson's 30LPI treatment and their starburst grips offer more then enough traction for me even when shooting +p loads all while being comfortable.

[​IMG]

10. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Go for it all......15 lpi!!! :)

[​IMG]

11. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    LOL i dont get the price going another way. I prefer 25 or 20 LPI, but 30 is fine and i will be more than happy with it. This is not going to be my only semi custom in my life by far, just my first:cool:

12. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Intended use is going to be most likely mainly idpa/uspsa and range, but i will also carry it quite often, but not CC, probably just at the shop to show it off

13. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Get a smooth front strap and send it to Springfield ;)

14. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    The X tac is growing on me but I would probably still go with the CQB over the X Tac but that's just my personal taste go with what you like...

Can the shop you work at get you a good price on a Ed Brown if so you could get the Special Forces model for probably cheaper and it has the chain link front strap which feels really nice I would like to get one myself sometime.

15. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I agree. I like the CQB better as well. :thumbsup:

I am thinking about getting a 5" Kobra perhaps set up identical (stainless w/Gen3, flush crowned, Gen3 trigger, bushing) to my Kobra Carry...sort of a quasi-matching set. :supergrin:

16. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    That would be pretty cool I just don't care for the cocking serrations on the Kobra I think if I were to get one I would order it with traditional cocking serrations...

That makes me favor the Special Forces with a naked slide...

Do you have a picture of your Kobra?

17. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    This is wearing the stock cocobolo. George snapped a few pics when he got it back from Brown. I have some Horned Lizards that Larry is going to bobtail for me that I will put on when I get it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]