Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 4TS&W, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 4TS&W

Jul 20, 2002
    here and there...
    I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?

Is this some kind of payback for anti-cop posts in the coptalk forum, and the guys who post about cops everytime one is found committing a crime or caught acting in a corrupt manner?

For the record, I am pro both concealed carry and law enforcement. I think the two groups are mutually beneficial, but I see some from both groups sniping at each other online.. that's a shame..
  2. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    This question was in another thread where it was completely off topic, so, I moved it here to a thread of its own.

Please, keep your replies and responses civil and compliant with GT Rules.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    I have followed TBO's postings, as well as others and I haven't seen any prejudice in them. I find postings of current news to be available more quickly in GT then most other conventional sources.
  4. I'm wondering why TBO does it, too.

Why does he comb the internet, and bring back to us useful and informative stories about CCW and possible mistakes to avoid.

What, does he want $5 or something for his effort?

5. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Are you saying no one should post negative stories about members of either group?
  6. GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    At least he finally stopped replying "open carry would have prevented this" to every single thread. He did that for a loooong time.

In his defense though I don't think he has any bias against permit holders, it seems he is just reporting the news. Hasn't he also posted a few stories about LEO's screwing up? I don't think it is a a cop vs permit holder thing.
  7. 4TS&W

Jul 20, 2002
    here and there...
    No, but it starts to present agenda when you become a broken record... the guys who pick on the LEO profession because of a bad apple, or some who seem to be trashing CCW because some genius stole a pair of earrings while packing.. if I'm getting the wrong impression, I apologize..

I actually agree with Janice.. it's like the AT&T commercial with news around here, because of GT, I usually know all about stuff well before it hits the "water cooler"... (that was SOOOOO 42 seconds ago...)
  8. Chad Rogers

Chad Rogers

Feb 25, 2011
    DC Metro Area
    I'm kinda wondering why some folks fall all over themselves to invent excuses why a CCW holder should be forgiven for their actions.
  9. I don't recall seing anything about forgiving him in that thread. The opinions divided between "punish him for what he actually did" and "throw him under the bus".
  10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I'd assume, for the same reason you make fun of trekkies when they get beat up: because it's funny.
  11. brausso

Mar 7, 2010
    Puget Sound
    He's a cop, it's not like he doesn't have anything better to do, like to serve and protect :supergrin:

I'm not anti anything, but I certainly have no problem calling out anyone who's an idiot an makes headlines. If they are a CCW'er or an LEO, I have no problem calling a spade a spade.
  12. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid

Jul 16, 2010
    Have you asked TBO?
  13. slickt0mmy

Jan 17, 2011
    Like CitizenofDreams, I don't recall ever seeing people on here stick up for someone that was obviously in the wrong. I don't care if you're a CHL holder or not. If you did something wrong, shame on you and I hope you get just punishment for it. The only difference being a CHL holder makes (to me) is that I'm especially disappointed in them because they ought to know better.
  14. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    I have experienced on this forum that if it doesn't happen in your little world or you didn't read about it on the news, it didn't happen.

I think it's beneficial to have posts about CCWers who have made mistakes.

15. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    In my experience with vinyl records, a "broken record" repeats what's in the grooves before the break. It repeats the same part of the song over and over and over and...well, you get it.

Using your vinyl analogy, TBO is posting different 45rpm singles, different songs on different records. For those kids here, well, look it up.
    Interesting that you say posting about bad cops is picking on the LE profession, but posting about carry permit holders is "trashing CCW."
  16. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    :animlol: :rofl:
  17. If you don't read about it on the internet, it never happened.

So I guess it comes down to, do you prefer to know as much as possible (and he doesn't post a fraction of what's happening around the country) regarding the follies of CCWers, or do you prefer the 'ignorance is bliss' CCW approach?

There's no right or wrong answer. Just put TBO on your "ignore" list and you won't have to read his threads!
  18. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Feb 18, 2005
    For me, his posts clearly illustrate the microscope the media seems to be puttng CCW permit holders under. Many media outlets make dang sure they identify a perp as a permit holder when applicable. As we all know, there are certain media entities with a firm anti-gun bias. Casting permit holders in a negative light only furthers their "cause" and possibly creates a perception among media consumers that permit holders are ticking time bombs.

Or something like that...
  19. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Mar 1, 2001
    Have you also noticed that every time a cop screws up, someone invariable posts that? If something happens regarding a CWP holder (or a cop) that screws up, it happens and knowing about it reminds us of the additional responsibility we carry when we carry a firearm (and when cops carry a badge).
  20. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    I view his posts as more educational than anything else.