I'm cutting back

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by CaptainXL, May 21, 2013.

1. Maybe unjust got lucky, but things seem to be improving somewhat. The last time I was in Cabela's they had primers of all sizes in a few different brands and a decent selection powers. Prices were up, but they weren't crazy. I picked up a pound of W231 and 1000 Winchester small pistol primers. I would have bought more, but that's all I could swing at the time without my wife killing me! :supergrin:

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I was at Cabela's about a month ago and they had No Powder, No Primers at all. The inventory of bullets was VERY low. Reloading components took up only one side of one very short aisle, which was about 1/3rd of what they had in the past.

+++++++++++++

I put new Dawson sights on my G34 yesterday so I am going to have to go out and get them sighted in some time this week. After I get the sights adjusted I don't think that I'll be doing any additional shooting because of trying to conserve ammo.

3. Talk about low round count, I went to the range today to align and zero my new scope. It was blowing like crazy and on the cold side of 'cool' but, since it was a long drive, I shot anyway.

A total of 12 rounds. At that rate, 1k of primers is going to last a long time.

But I need more VV N540 powder!

Richard

4. Just for giggles, I looked at Powder Valley and, lo and behold, they got some N540 in since I checked yesterday.

So, I bought 4#

I imagine it will be a good long while before it shows up but I still have a couple of pounds on hand.

Richard

5. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

What do you mean, "cold side of cool"? Dang, Richard, it's almost June already. It's been in the upper 80's for months here.

6. We had '80s on Monday but a cold front came through and it was in the low '60s with fairly high winds. I probably should have worn something other than a T-shirt and shorts.

Still, any day shooting...

Richard