close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Illinois proposes surtax on ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Schrag4, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill

2. mongo356

mongo356

Aug 18, 2004
    IL
    Just remember where the current president is from, you can only mfg that kind of reasoning in Illinois. The bill is the brain child and being pushed by current mayor Emanuel.
    Don't see the reasoning for it considering 75% of the people are on public aid medical card and don't pay medical bills anyway.

Make no mistake this entire state is a complete mess and doesn't seem to be making any choices to correct it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Aug 3, 2010
    It's really a bad time to live in Illinois. Quinn seems hell bent on running businesses out of state, and then wonders why unemployment levels are so high. And Rahm has taken it upon himself to make gun laws for the entire state. Aside from this one, he also wants to have every hand gun in the state registered at a fee of $65 EACH. And, we are the only state that has no form of concealed carry save for police officers and certain public officials.

Yeah, I'm looking to move. Anyone in Colorado or Texas that wants to go shooting and can recommend a good Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym?

4. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    Wow man this is just spiraling out of control...Seriously ridiculous. Who votes for these people? Honestly?

If they make decisions like this in violation of the 2nd amendment, what other choices are they making?

5. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    More mindless Liberal BS. I'm sure glad I don't live there. :faint:

6. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    I live in NW suburbs of Chicago for 2 years "schaumburg". I am so glad I dont live there anymore, it was fun for the couple years in my younger 20's alot of stuff to do in the windy city. But you couldnt get me to move back there for anything, I would run to CA before moving back to that tyranny! Blago is what...the 3rd Gov to go to prison? Daly's have run Chicago for ever and now they have Satan reincarnate "Rahm".

Sorry IL, time to move!

7. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    I feel for y'all that live there. Come to Texas, it's hot in the summers however we are a gun friendly state.:supergrin:

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I left Illinois in 1985,.......NEVER plan to move back!
    I think they are actually getting worse than California!

9. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    We have a 10 cent a box tax on ammo here in Tennessee. Funny thing is it's 10 cents on a box of 50 rounds of 22lr OR 10 cents on a brick of 500, 22lr. Figure that one out.:whistling:

10. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Aug 3, 2010
    I think that's accurate.

11. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Aug 3, 2010
    Unfortunately it's Chicago. If we could annex them, Illinois wouldn't be nearly this bad.

12. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    And yet another reason not to live in Illinois!

13. irishbum

irishbum

Jun 8, 2005
    Kansas City,KS
    Here is an idea just ban handguns so the violence goes away. Oh wait that didn't work they tried it. :uglylol:

So I know lets charge law abiding citizens to cough up extra cash to pay for the actions of criminals who are more that likely already receiving their tax dollars in the form of welfare checks and free insurance.

And the irony of a "sin tax" shouldn't we then tax the politicians as they are the biggest sinners and morally corrupt of all?

We are on the wrong side here ladies and gentlemen clearly it no longer pays to be honest and hardwork people who are caring and compassionate towards their neighbors and peers.

What has happened to America? I think most of us know the real answer.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  14. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    You mean get rid of them, right? Annex means forcibly add them to your state/country/whatever.

15. Yeah, Illannoyed is one of those states ranked near the top of places I will NEVER move to! Kalifornia, Illannoyed, Taxachussetts, New Jerky, N.why? state, and HI...as a kite, are just a few states that would rival moving to Afghanistan, Syria, or Beirut as a better option than moving into one of these oppresive states. Pretty much I tend to stick to areas preferably west of the Mississippi yet east of the Sierra Nevada mountains or below the Mason-Dixon line.

16. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    The liberal dopes who live there. It's like CA without the good weather.

SO glad I left......

17. Cmacc

Cmacc

Feb 1, 2011
    Eastern Iowa
    Those who wear Barak Obama "hoodies". :rofl:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403413

18. JK-linux

JK-linux

Mar 5, 2009
    No one living outside Chicago likes Chicago except soon-to-be college grads. After they move there and become disillusioned with the crime, lack of jobs and taxes, most want to leave. I could live a happy life even if I never visited Chicago again, and I was born there.

19. Glock1963

Glock1963

Oct 16, 2007
    I have lived in central Illinois for all of my 48+ years. The majority of the downstate areas are decent places to live. We get lumped in with the Crook County thug politicians because that's generally the only choices we're stuck with on election day.

I am not defending Illinois. I like it here overall, but we're a SERIOUSLY inept state that you wouldn't even believe unless you live here.

They will likely have to give us some sham federal bail out money at some point. We will screw it up so bad that it'll make Greece look like penny pinchers in comparison.