Illinois Conceal Carry Licences are approved and shipping!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by raven11, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Yesterday Illinois CCW online applications from December to January 5th have been marked approved and licenses are being mailed...

[​IMG]

unfortunately still waiting for mine to show up "approved" I applied on January 6th

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Awesome.

3. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Good to hear! Let's hope crime falls off in Chicago.

#3 Angry Fist, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. I applied on the 5th. Still "Under Review".

5. Cheapshot; I applied a little after midnight on Jan 5th. #9007. My app switched to approved after 6p last night. Maybe you'll be soon.

6. Did they ever agree on any reciprocity with other states?

7. sort of

Illinois can carry in:
    AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, MS, NC, OK, SD, TN, UT, VT

but for now we only recognize CCW permits from Hawaii , everyone else can have them in their cars but not on their persons

8. Good for you guys! I hope many more join us and help influence more yet.

9. Let the wild west shootouts begin!!! [/sarcasm]

10. I just can't believe I'm reading about Illinoisans getting CCW's. Cali is seeing movement. I wonder about NY, NJ, MD and a few others.

11. Feels good. I heard 16000 applicants in the first month on the radio yesterday. Can't wait for mine!!

12. Careful, the 1 or 2 people that have Hawaii permits might see this and think they can carry in Chicago.. ;)

13. Edit: good point, out of state Hawaiian CCW permit holders still have to apply for a out of state CCW license , all two of them lol

one of my friends is a Police Officer in Chicago ( the suburban police department had too long of a wait)

I asked him what did he think of CCW licenses being issued?

he said " everyone in Chicago carries a gun, the only difference is a small portion will be carrying legally":rofl:

#15 raven11, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  14. I had a conversation with a long time CPD officer while waiting in line for some of the best Italian beef in the city. He said something very similar.

I asked him how most cops felt about it. He told me that most of the old guys liked the idea and the new guys liked it. According to him it was the 30 and 40 something's that had issues with ccw.

15. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Come visit the Free (for now) State of Indiana, CCW works just fine here.

16. Well one day, hopefully sooner than later they will be reciprocal with MI (and all the other states). Then I finally won't have an excuse on why I wont take the wife back to Chicago....

:rofl:

17. fubar.

18. A few people started getting their cards in the mail on March 1st, mostly in the area near Springfield where they were mailed from. Mine shows an experation date of 2-27-2019 so it should have been mailed out also, just far enough from Springfield to take a couple days. So, I figure on Monday and I will be waiting on the mail to be delivered. Jim.