close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Illinois conceal carry gets House bill HB0997

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by flw, Jan 29, 2013.

1. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    To further complicate the problem, the New York "may issue" case won't get heard by the SCOTUS. Now the argument in Illinois of "shall issue" versus "may issue" gets new life.

2. Jakestir

Jakestir

Feb 16, 2013
    North central IL
    True but from what I understand a group of law makers said they would not support it and allow the dead line to pass.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    The current legislation is shall issue and there are no amendments on the table to change that.

4. Shall issue I thought if they didn't pass something it was constitutional carry I think was the term.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    If that's what happens, so be it.

6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Congratulations to you for showing her how much she means to you.

Congratulations to her for getting instruction on self protection, and possibly being able to protect those she loves.

7. Montblanc

Montblanc

Apr 28, 2007
    I feel this bill will fall flat on its face, Once they miss the deadline people will be arrested for violating the states current laws and it will be a mess.

8. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  9. OldSchool64

OldSchool64 Still here, sometimes

Sep 5, 2010
    The world has just become a better place.
    Yes, I'm an optimist.

10. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    Mixed results today. The bill has not passed, but is very much alive. The first 8 amendments have been rescinded, however Amendment 9 was adopted today. Amendment 9 is a revision of the entire legislation. The only thing it carried over from first 8 amendments was the part that didn't allow concealed carry at establishments that serve alcohol. Amendment 9 had changed that to any establishment that receives more that 50%, of its sales from alcohol. You can secure your firearm in the parking lot in your car. No problems there. Amendment 9 passed today. Amendment 10 has not been voted on yet, but I'm not worried either way. The way the legislation now stands states CTA, METRA, PACE, et al can't ban concealed carry. I'm happy with it and will not stand in the way of getting it passed. This is an acceptable bill.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
  12. IL is proving to the rest of the country their disdain for the constitution and rights of it's citizens. may the population of IL rest in peace:burn:

13. w9trb

w9trb

Feb 22, 2010
    It will be "Court Carry" We will have to have our FOID card, but the prior law will be unconstitutional on June 9. It will be interesting to say the least. People are going to end up in jail and the lawyers will have a profitable time of it. Madigan is pulling all his special stunts over the General Assembly. It would be very lengthy to even begin to explain but trust me, it is dirty politics at every slimy turn.

14. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    And then you have nonresidents like me with no FOID that will also be able to carry.

15. Antipaladin

Antipaladin

Jan 1, 2013
    So when "Constitutional Carry" goes into effect, they'll just ignore Federal law like NYC does and wait for the lawsuits? That sucks that people are going to get convicted of felonies and have their lives ruined because of this.

16. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    Violating a direct federal court order is impeachable. People are ready to stand.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  17. Jakestir

Jakestir

Feb 16, 2013
    North central IL
    I hope so but I don't trust the gov of this state one little bit.

18. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    If by government you mean the people that comprise it, I completely agree.

19. Jakestir

Jakestir

Feb 16, 2013
    North central IL
    That's exactly what I mean

20. The CCW is LONG overdo in Illinois & we need this BADLY, ESPECIALLY in Chicago where the BAD guys run rampid !!! Time 2 turn the tables & equal the playing field !