close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Illegals voting here in Tn

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by tercel89, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Enough of the radio jockeys lying to you?

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/voter-registration.php
    http://www.state.tn.us/sos/election/

You can't vote if your not registered.
    You have to vote in person the fist time if you do the process by mail.
    They check I.D. when you vote.

You guys are so easy to get worked up with lies to make you upset.

2. farnhamj

farnhamj NY CCW

Sep 1, 2008
    all I was asked was my name, signed next to my other signature in a book and voted. Any my other sig was 8 years old so it didn't even look the same.

3. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    But it is possable to go after the people hiring them, that includes mom and pop who pay them under the table. No job no reason to be here. They will self deport, wont cost us a dime.

4. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    This is why AZ passed the law requiring ID.

5. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    I also think they need to just go ahead and put a picture and a thumb print on your SSC just to stop all this identy theft going on not just by illegals but by every one else.
    I also think you should have the right to freeze your credit that way your identy cann't be stolen.

6. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    Okey-dokey. That was illegal. What precinct and and on what day did you vote? Since evidently you weren't held to the same standard other voters are, the poll worker who allowed you to vote with zero identification needs to be punished or removed.

7. martyj

martyj

Apr 1, 2009
    They have companies here that hire them and the law states 3 type of id. What the law doesnt state is that they all have to be the same person. So they hire them.
    I found a wallet at work with 3 ids in it from a mexican and had all the same name on them but not the same picture.
    The goverment just inst doing its job!! They fine them enough often enough the companies will pick up on it. Get caught 3 times shut the place down and send the CEO to federal pen for harboring illegals.

8. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    I couildn't have said it better.

9. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    evidence of citizenship is your birth certificate or naturaliation certificate. passport is not acceptable by many government agencies as proof of US citizenship (TX DPS).

10. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    Unfortunately here in Tucson, they allow you to use a bill or a bank statement to prove your a resident, I'm sure that's no problems for illegals here.

11. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Personally, the law at the federal level should be anyone who is not a U.S. citizen and registers to vote should be deported and denied entry into the U.S. permanently. No citizenship, no green card, no work visa, no tourist visa, no political asylum, no nothing never!

If a non-citizen actually votes, mandatory minimum 10 years in prison helping build a really big wall along the border.

12. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    We don't have to deport anyone. Cut off their ability to get a job. AZ voters passed a very strict law last year that inflicts hard core consequences for anyone, businesses or individuals to hire illegal aliens. It has had an impact. Some of the school districts in the largely hispanic areas have seen a sharp decline in enrollment. One district alone saw a decline of 1500 students in a single school year as soon as the law was passed.

13. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    I agree we need a 40 foot wall between us and Mexico with a 20ft electrified fence in 100' front of it.
    Not to mention requiring a $5000 deposit before they are allowed to come to the US for shopping, just to make sure they go home.

14. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Jun 12, 2006
    Anything short of punishing employers and getting rid of entitlements will not solve the immigration problem. This will never happen because Americans have become complacent. This will also never happen because it's too politically incorrect.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  15. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    I agree 110%. We are trying to make it politically correct here in Tucson.
    All Arizona for all that matters, unlike California.

16. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

May 27, 2007
    NW SC
    Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal
    Here is an example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically
    productive for the State of California...
    You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2 parents, 2 children and live in California.

"Joe Legal" works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted....
    "Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per year.
    Now take 30% away for state and federal tax
    Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Jose Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per year.
    Jose Illegal pays no taxes...
    Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage $1000.00 per month, or $12,000.00 per year
    Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year
    Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money so he is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare,
    Joe Legal pays for food, $1,000.00 per month or $12,000.00 per year.
    Joe Legal now has $ 7,231.00

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and Welfare
    Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month, 12,000.00 per year
    Joe Legal is now in the hole, minus (-) $4,769.00

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy
    Jose Illegal pays rent $500.00 per month, $6,000.00 per year
    Jose Illegal still has $25,200.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.
    Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.
    Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch.

Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program.
    Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

17. Hmmm...I don't think so. I think that as bad as the panhandling off the median problem is here, there would be an even greater one as they would go hang out near the bank and panhandle there. You gotta have money if you left the bank...or so it should be anyways.:crying:

18. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Amazing. 1500 illegals X $5Kper year per student = $7,500,000 for just one district. Is is any wonder CA is BK?

19. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    Our schools are starting to ask if the kids are here legally or not, but unfortunately our federal law requires us to educate all the kids but it does not say we can not charge them a tuition fee or don't give them a diploma unless they pay a large fee, take away the diploma, take away their reason for being here. You know the sad part is our K-12 schools do take mexico birth certificates for admission. My wife works for one so I know that is a fact.
    :rant:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  20. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio