close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'll say it: I hate Gmail

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Drain You, Apr 21, 2013.

1. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    I've had hotmail since for about 15 years. I can't think I'll ever change. I'm have a gmail account because I needed a google account for a few things, but I don't use it and I hate the interface, seems very archaic.

2. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
    I just manage all of my email accounts through Outlook. They also go through my phone.

3. Indianashooter

Indianashooter

Aug 16, 2012
    Indiana

Exactly as I have and do.
    I go on gmail about every other month to just delete everything.

4. That's what I do. I love Gmail, but of course I haven't actually used the web interface for many years.

I use Thunderbird to retrieve my email from several email accounts (some Gmail, some not) and download them all and store them locally forever.

5. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

cannot stand Gmail, use it for my "junk" addresses. My wife uses it for freakin business!

I stick with an exchange email account provided by my company for regular emails and calendar. I just set her up with Outlook web for calendar sharing (she still comes to me with a damn planner book and tries to "sync" our month!!!)

I wish she would join this century. We are planning a two week trip overseas for next year and she keeps waving that damn spiral bound crap-pad and post its in my face, get with the fuggin program!!!

6. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    Same here.

7. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012
    I'm working on it.

Exactly!

A zillion other hosting sites has nothing to do with my or most other people's lives. Android phone, tablet, Youtube, Googlevoice, they all use Gmail. The thread is not about the email account out there, the thread is about a crappy email being used to access popular services.

Having multiple accounts would actually be my preference. The only browser I'm having any luck with currently is Chrome. One browser, always signed in. If I want to go into one service using a different account, it changes the sign in for all of them. I don't want to be signing in and out and using the wrong account to send stuff randomly.

8. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012
    So I think the solution to this is to stop using my Gmail as the address I give people and do business with. Leave the acct associated with my phone for contact/calendar sync.. use it for Google Voice & Youtube.

Find an app that supports the new Hotmail and go with that. See on gmail, you get spam and you have a delete forever button... with Hotmail you have an option to "sweep" the account. Meaning you can forever block all of the email accounts that sent you spam or even their domain names.

Gmail is just horrible.

9. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    I use Yahoo, Gmail, Fastmail, Hotmail...... Gmail is my current "primary" email with the others being used for some junk and other uses.

I have no problems at all with Gmail. I don't care for the new
    "compose" feature and would like to switch back away from it. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, I wish Gmail had more fonts to offer.

Finally, if you haven't tried Fastmail you should set up an account. It is really "fast" and seems to get better each year. The link is "fastmail.com". Give it a try.

10. Tackle

Tackle

Jul 5, 2011
    Pop3 is old school.

No use for it anymore, better options available.

11. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

Feb 4, 2002
    I didn't care for gmail the brief period I used it. I had yahoo for years, but don't like their new format much at all. I got a new @live email and have been really happy with that so far. The spam filtering seems to work really well without losing email I want to get.

I dropped gmail when it became a youtube login as well, it just seemed stupid to tie all that together. I really like having seperate accounts with different user names and passwords for each. It is a more secure way to use the internet in my experience.

All my other email runs through our servers and works fine. But I don't like running non-business email through those addresses.

Mr. HE:cool: