"I'll Never Sell It"

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by UselessEnergy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. UselessEnergy

UselessEnergy simple user

Im quite new to GL but, like most firearm enthusiasts I have firearms that I feel Id NEVER get rid of... granted most of my friends have seen me go from one to another, but my Ruger Mini 14 tactical is probably never gonna leave my collection.

WHY? Because It wasn't really that much at purchase, I love firing it & it offers soo much for me I cant ever see its resale being worth while.

What are your "Never Sell" firearms & why?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy
    CLM

Never say never, when it comes to firearms, or any other material things.

4. My Hi-Point 4095 carbine. My first gun. My brother bought it for me before he went to Afghanistan. It works perfect even after ten years.

My GLOCK 27. My first GLOCK and my first pistol I carried. Went everywhere with me for a year.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. UselessEnergy

Definitely, I too would cherish a gun given to me by a sibling. And the first glock you ever had, once again a good keeper. thanks for the reply

and you, thanks for the lesson

#4 UselessEnergy, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  6. I'll never sell my glock 23c. It was my first Glock and still the best handgun I've ever owned.

Truthfully, all but one of my firearms either holds sentimental value or is otherwise pretty badass, so I'm pretty sure that in 30 years from now, I'll still own everything that I currently own.

7. DonD

A Ruger No.1 in .458 Win Mag, accurate, great trigger, gorgeous stock, have had it since 1977. Don

8. UselessEnergy

what other handguns have you owned? why is it your favorite?

My first handgun was sadly sold years back and trust me i miss it dearly. I hope youre able to hold onto all the firearms you want to. thanks for the reply

9. UselessEnergy

Yes! owned since '77. thats great... Ive never fired a
    .458 Win Mag, but my shoulder hurts just thinking about it

10. Right now I only have a Gen 3 23 that I will never, ever, ever sell. Not only is it my first Glock, but it's my first firearm period. I really hope that I can be one of those lucky guys who never ever has to sell a firearm. I plan on trying to buy only guns I've heavily researched, and will keep forever. I hate selling stuff, because I always feel like I'll regret it later, even if it's something I've never used. But I don't think I'll get any safe queens, I want to actually use and abuse everything I buy.

11. UselessEnergy

Awesome! congrats on your first banger being a firearm of such value and dependability. Yes, do you whatever you can so if need be you dont have to revert to selling the 23. I wish I had saved properly years ago so I didnt have to sell my first handgun.

#10 UselessEnergy, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  12. I absolutely have to agree with that remark.

I have seen many friends being forced to sell guns over the years and have seen more than one friend sizing down for health reason, there is nothing that you can take with you on that last journey.

I have an easy way out, I am already giving my guns to my sons, little by little.

Useless Energy,
    It looks as if you kept the BMW 2002, I sold mine and that is the only car that I was attached to.

#11 PzGren, Mar 5, 2013
  13. UselessEnergy

Of course there are times you must downsize due to a situation out of your control.

Case in point, the BMW 2002, I love that little car but due to current job outlooks im going to have to sell it this spring to help pay for my school loans.

Obviously Im aware that You should never bet on being able to retain something for life, but it would be nice to be able to hold onto something sentimental and that is why I created this thread.. for those whom have a hope that they will never have to part with a special firearm.

14. My Dan Wesson model 15. I'd sell it like I'd sell my right arm.

15. UselessEnergy

are we on the same page?

#14 UselessEnergy, Mar 5, 2013
  16. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy
    CLM

OP, you asked a question. I gave my answer, and I should have made it clearer that it applies for me personally. There is no lesson intended. Folks do whatever they do with their stuff. Doesn't bother me.:wavey:

17. Bulldog160

Bulldog160 Member

18. Pretty much on the same page, I'd say but I guess I probably have some thirty odd years of added life experience.

The U.S. warden had read me a message about twenty years ago and asked me to get out of a Third World country, I left a lot of things behind, or sold them for next to nothing and I have learnt not to be attached to "things" and not take anything for granted.

I did not sell my 1936 rinfire Walther PP, not my priced Anschütz 1423, 1422, 1420, and Walther KKJ. I gave them to my sons this January.

It's the one on the right side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Python will be next but the last handgun that I want to part with is my Korth - I try to shoot it to pieces.

[​IMG]

#18 PzGren, Mar 5, 2013
  19. I'll never sell what I call my "polar opposites"

My Colt M4 carbine and my WASR 10/63 AKM

My SKS paratrooper aint goin anywhere either.

20. My 92FS - bought it in 99 before I went through academy, carried it for a few years, then retired it. Great gun.