close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ignorant piers morgan continues to embarass himself and cnn

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Peace Warrior, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TallTx

TallTx

Jan 16, 2013
    Central Texas
    Why do people continue to go on his show and give credence to this idiots stupidity.

2. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    Tommy James and the Shondells made a buck off of old Mony. The song never mentioned her height.

:wavey:

3. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    How dare this SOB red coat tell America we have too many guns after his people rapped our women, killed our men and children, burned down town after town while trying to disarm us which I might ad didn't go to well for them. Take your British tea drinking :whistling: back home and STFU, oh never mind I forgot you got fired back home for reporting false stories and using Photoshopped photos:cool:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. PVolk

PVolk

Oct 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I like how Piers was trying to illustrate how AR15s are potentially only used in a handful of home defense shootings every year. No doubt, he would try to downplay this number because it's not an ample number. Yet, he supports the group using slogan "if we can save even one life..."

5. It's the truth! I even saw it with my own eyes. Thanks Assassins Creed 3.

6. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    Not true. If you are not a US citizen and are here on a visa, you are here at the leisure of the US Government. You can have your visa revoke denied or revoked without notice. You may be able to fight it, but it will be revoked until you win. They can do it for security reasons. Do you know how hard that is to fight? A person that is inciting unrest in the US citizenry could be a security risk and have their visa revoked.

Seriously, they are the US government they have the guns and they can do what they want in the short term. After time and money you may get your grievances redressed.

7. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

Jun 19, 2000
    Dixie
    We've seen guests on his show take him apart objectively, with him insulting them and making it personal all the while - I would love it if someone leveled "You're insignificant, Piers" at him, and repeated it after each of his subsequent insults. Yeah it's stooping to his level, but his show is garbage so why not have fun with it? Calling that egomaniac insignificant in from the cameras might just send him over the edge, and I'd pay at least fifty or sixty cents to watch that.

8. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    Heck, I'll double you to see that. A buck twenty can purchase a lot of shame, even for an Englishman.

:wavey:

9. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    Like I mentioned earlier, PM claimed to be an American citizen in a blog he wrote about gun control. He spoke specifically about how people were violating his 1A rights to disagree with the 2A. I believe he was trying to make the pro-gunners that signed that petition out to be hypocrits...ironic, I'd say.

10. LL6

LL6

Feb 22, 2010
    Off I-40, NC
    Piers is simply trolling the American public. I'm sure his viewership is up with all his controversial interviews and this is what they judge success by.

The old line, "don't feed the troll" is applicable in his case.

11. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

This......^^^^^^^^^^^^

Popularity is money in the media, and talk about him is good. Even bad publicity is better than no publicity. When you complain about him, you are admitting to watching their network and his show.

That is advertising-money-in-the-bank for piers and his network. Numbers of viewers count for more money than viewers that agree with the host.

12. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    He put out on twitter that he was not a US Citizen; he is a US resident (Green Card?).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  13. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Careful, he has armed security guards for personal protection.

14. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Correction. I've watched that lunatic one time, which was when Alex Jones was on his show. Yes, he had a spike in ratings, if not the highest ratings he's ever had when Alex was on his show, but now I'll do it as I always had before, which is watch him embarrass both himself and cnn every now and again on youtube. (I'll give you that since he's started this thing with guns, cnn likes the notoriety.)

I have no clue who piers' sponsors are as do not watch his show enough to recall or care, but I do know it's on cnn, which as I understand it, they (cnn) are trying everything so as to become a nominally succesful network again.

(Heck, I heard they might even try going back to some of the things that ted turner had done back when he built the cnn empire.)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    I resemble that remark!

Yup.

Or, as my five yr old calls it, "Merica! WOO!" "Dad - can we play Merica? WOO!"

16. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK

17. Anon1

Anon1

Aug 17, 2000
    That is a tremendous stretch of reality. Just because someone knows of him, has heard of the controversy, maybe even has seen a video clip of one interview on the Internet, does not come close to "admitting to watching their network and his show". :faint:

Ummm, no again. Numbers of viewers, and therefore ratings and subsequent advertising dollars spent on his show, are actually derived from a very small number of households that participate in polling of their viewing habits.