close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

If you're not "Pro Life" are you "Pro Death"?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
  2. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    because they'd have to defend the liberal viewpoint. the majority of which is indefensible.

3. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    Because we don't all believe that life begins at fertilization.

ARS

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

When does it begin?

5. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

`Liberals know the "good" can see right straight through their poker face of lies`

6. I'm fully expecting them to push for PostNatal abortions. Those fetuses are such a nuisance until the 75th trimester that abortions should be legal until at least the 80th or 90th trimester.

7. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

It's time for the abortion issue to be an issue within one's own conscience........that is, if everyone truly believes in the concept of freedom.

The plain fact is, there is widespread disagreement as to when life begins......and to regulate against personal beliefs is contrary to the very concept of freedom.

Everyone should be allowed to decide for themselves what they will do if the issues effect their personal lives. What I think, really doesn't matter in a personal decision someone else will have to make........so, it's really none of my business what someone else does.

It's time to get rid of this issue once and for all.........

ooc

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  8. ricka10

ricka10

Oct 22, 2010
    Tennessee
    I heard life begins at 40 (years) so I guess we are good to terminate until then. :wavey:

9. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    Dunno, I'm pro life. I am, however, pro death penalty. There must be a few of us 'cause Ron White talks about Texas' execution chamber "express line"

10. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

Agreed and well said.

I cannot decide this for someone else and making abortion illegal will not prevent it from happening. I'm a conservative and wish the republican party would drop this issue from their platform.

11. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    When we reach into the womb with the pliers and pull the fetus head off, if it squirms and tries to avoid it's fate and if it feels pain, can we agree that it was a life at that time?

I'm not necessarily asking you to answer this if you are a lieberal, because I realize that as a lieberal, this is none of your business.

As a lieberal I realize that your only concern is what happens with my money.

12. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    The plain fact is ... we do know when life begins and there are many lives we want to terminate, but we are lieberals and so we say that the lives we want to terminate are really not lives. Why are lieberals such cowards and liars? Why not just say that we are a species who regularly kills our offspring when maybe we would prefer a new flat screen TV instead? Reality remains the same it does not depend on how we see it. Maybe lieberals lie so much that they truly have no idea what is real. Why not just admit lieberals are against killing unless it is convenient?

13. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Sometimes the truth is messy.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

14. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I am a Tea Party conservative, and although you are not asking me to answer the question, I'll answer it anyway.

In your example, yes, I believe that life existed at that time, and I believe many "lieberals" would agree, as well. However, if the discussion is whether the moment of fertilization is the point at which life begins.....THEN there is a lot of disagreement. This is a point where it's not a conservative vs liberal issue, as opposing beliefs are not divided along left/right political leanings.

So.......what IS the answer to the dilemma? If I could wave a magic wand and make law, I'd say the point at which a life has legal status is the point where the fetus can survive without the host mother, and without any artificial means of support. Up until, and prior to that point, it is my personal belief that the greatest number of people would agree that life is nothing more than a part of the mother's body......of which she has complete control over it's fate and future. After that point, the baby is a life that deserves protection of law, and has rights. It should be understood that there will be no law that would have universal agreement.

Well, I don't have a magic wand, so I've come to the conclusion that no law is the best way to handle this. It would be best to allow those I disagree with to have the freedom to do as their conscience dictates.......and call the dividing line between "legally a person", and "not legally a person", to be the moment of natural birth. I realize this is very controversial, and against my personal beliefs........but, I'm very serious about the concept of freedom, and how that applies to those who do not hold the beliefs that I do.

If it were MY baby, then I'd have to admit that the moment of conception is where I'd call the fertilized egg a person, and in my mind, it would be so. However, I disagree with the concept that there can be no exception for any allowance of choice in certain issues, such as health and rape. In these cases, I find it abhorrent that someone else that I don't know would have, or could have the ability to make MY personal choices for me. (I am in disagreement with some members of my own church on this.......but, my beliefs are not dependent on what others who hold my religious beliefs have decided on this issue.)

Vic777, you appear to be among those who are incapable of understanding that what you believe to be the truth.....and, you certainly have your conviction as to when life begins.......nevertheless, your beliefs are nothing more than an opinion. It is an opinion that is not shared by everyone, and just because you feel it should be, is not good enough reason to circumvent what others believe is their right to choose.

Abortion is a freedom issue.

ooc

15. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    A blob of cells is not a life. Even when the flippers have morphed into hands, it's not a viable human life. It's got potential, but it won't even know it's being sucked out of the womb and into a bio-medical disposal bag.

Keep your hands off a woman's individual liberty, statists.

16. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

So your criteria for killing children is that they understand what is happening to them?

Great

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

17. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I would never advocate killing children. Disposing of fetuses? Yeah, in some cases that's OK.

18. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    So could you kill a baby that has been out of the womb for say eight months? An eight month old child has no self awareness and relies totally on society to exist. So could we kill an eight month old child if say, we wanted a new flat screen instead?

19. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Nope, never said that......you're reading things into what I said, or lack comprehension skills........

Try reading it again.

ooc

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    It's not about being "afraid of the truth," it's about, in any debate, choosing the terms of the argument to give you an advantage. See "assault rifle" for an example of how that is done.

And I am pro-death in about any way you could mean that.