close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If your Glock works, this isn't the thread for you.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Fire_Medic, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic
    Expand Collapse
    Polymer Butcher
    CLM

Yes thanks, I have been following your thread as well. Hopefully the part from Glockparts.Com is the non dipped and I have the same experience as you did. I ordered the white sound defense assembly from them as well.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. kda

kda
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Deleted

#42 kda, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. dhgeyer

dhgeyer
    Expand Collapse

I would be curious to know how the WSD system works for you. Some people seem to think it helps, others not so much.

If the backward assembly doesn't work out, you may want to keep the 20% extra power spring. I'm pretty sure that will help at least a little. You can use the spring with the Glock SLB and EDP.

4. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic
    Expand Collapse
    Polymer Butcher
    CLM

Gotcha thanks. I will definitely continue to update the thread as things progress. Will be hitting the range tomorrow with the new parts from Glock, but as I stated I expect zero difference since the extractor is the same dipped on that's in the gun.

In a day or so the other order should be in and I can take it from there. Still optimistic about the APEX part though.....

5. packinaglock

packinaglock
    Expand Collapse
    John 3:16
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

That's what is so strange about the whole thing. Some things work for some guns and not for others and for some nothing at all. No one seems to be able to pin point a cure/cause because the process of elimination can't be used. :faint:

6. tnpatriot

tnpatriot
    Expand Collapse

I'm not bitter at . I'm just very much amused by your little OP rant. He who angers you, controls you. You are controlled by many.

#46 tnpatriot, Oct 10, 2012
  7. Slackinoff

Slackinoff
    Expand Collapse

Posting to subscribe. I am anxious to read what effect these new parts will have the pistol's ejection. Thanks for posting Fire_Medic and dhgeyer. Good luck guys.

P.S. my ignore list just got longer....I hate having to scroll past worthless posts.

8. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic
    Expand Collapse
    Polymer Butcher
    CLM

I will be hitting the range tomorrow, and then as soon as the Glockparts order comes in will go back.

Will also get my hands on the Apex part regardless.

9. Slackinoff

Slackinoff
    Expand Collapse

My Gen4g19 serial TCDxxx has a #3 extractor. Probably 2 BTF incidences out of the 1100 total rnds. I am inwardly cheering you guys on to find a solution because I intend to put allot of rounds through this gun. Anyways...that's the only contribution I have to offer....my extractor is a #3 and seems to work great for now. :supergrin:

#49 Slackinoff, Oct 10, 2012
  10. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic
    Expand Collapse
    Polymer Butcher
    CLM

That's cool. I think my situation is a bit different than most, because my issues started at about 2K rounds, whereas most people is right away or around the 1K round mark. The more info we have the better prepared we are to deal with Glock when the issues arise.

Like today they mailed me the same extractor I already had (dipped), but another member on the same day received the newer (non dipped) version, WTF is up with that. :wow:

11. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman
    Expand Collapse

My brass does the same thing from my Gen 4 G23 that spits brass in my face about once or twice every 100 rounds. When I first got it the BTF was more frequent, but Glock sent me a new recoil spring (can't remember which without checking) and I get less BTF (but it still happens). I understand there is a new extractor out, and I think I'll try that. I don't like BTF one bit, and I also don't like the mouth's of my brass getting beat up like that since I load my own. Before anyone says anything I get the same result with factory ammo.

12. Slackinoff

Slackinoff
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone recorded any differences between the #'s on the extractors? or what the purpose is?

**Edit....found the answer.

Voyager4520 said,

"People have asked and been told by Glock representatives that the numbers correspond to which mold was used to make them, not to any particular version or design change."

source http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406306

#52 Slackinoff, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy
    Expand Collapse

I've got about a twenty page thread somewhere in here........

two Glocks: Glock 23 and 27 gen 3's.......

around the 500 round mark started getting BTF.....new ejectors, RSA's and extractors.....

still got BTF....spent $$$$ trying to get it to work......traded both for Springfield XD's ...problem solved......

to all you guys spending money on this piece of junk trying to get it to work for you, i say STOP, there are too many other good guns out there to spend your money on....

until glock gets their head out of their ass i would not touch a glock or spend one more dime on it.....

freakin' ridiculous this garbage is coming out of a once great firearms company....

14. dhgeyer

dhgeyer
    Expand Collapse

Oh thank you!!! I didn't know there was an ignore list. Thanks for telling me. Congratulations tnpatriot: you get to be the first!

15. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I thought your Farewell Tour was over? :wavey:

#55 Tiro Fijo, Oct 11, 2012
  16. attrapereves

attrapereves
    Expand Collapse

I have a G19 with SDB*** serial and a G17 with TBD*** serial. Originally, the G19 would hit me in the face with brass at least two or three times per mag. It seems to have gotten better. However, the G17 originally was fine, but will occasionally hit me in the face (maybe one piece of brass out of 50-100 rounds).

Glock really needs to fix this problem. It not only causes the shooter to flinch, but it burns my face. It's especially bad for new shooters because they might become afraid of shooting in fear of potentially getting brass in the face.

17. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman
    Expand Collapse

Ironically I started looking at the XDM's on GunBroker last night myself. My concern with the btf is that sometimes when I'm at the farm looking for game trails for deer season I like to pop a shot or two off for fun. since I don't go with the intention of shooting a session I don't bring all my range gear or think yo grab my shooting glasses. I feel that firing my Gen 4 g23 shouldn't have me concerned with taking a casing mouth first to my eye. pretty disappointing. plus it eats up my brass. Since I reload and just paid for 1000ct of 40s&w starline brass I'm not willing to let the.glock Jack it up. that would eat up the cost savings of loading my own. So the XDM is looking like a real viable option right now. However I do prefer everything about the Glock over the XDM with exception to the issues they have been having. Dang it Glock, get your head gear squared away!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#57 PrecisionRifleman, Oct 11, 2012
  18. Brian Lee

Brian Lee
    Expand Collapse
    Drop those nuts

My Glock was the same way. I found that the bump on the trigger bar (that pushes on the safety plunger) was rubbing so hard on the bottom of the slide (it's not supposed to rub at all) that it prevented the gun from cycling properly. I took about .030 of metal off the top of it before it stopped rubbing, and now it works much better, and the safety plunger still works.

This is just plain old proof that Glocks are not being manufactured to even halfway decent tolerances anymore. Pistol actions have nothing in them, and I mean NOTHING, that should need a break in period AT ALL since there is nothing in a pistol action that is SUPPOSED to have an interference fit - it's not like it's piston rings needing to establish the proper surface finish on the cylinder walls or anything like that.

All the really good guns I've ever owned worked perfect from the very first shot, and the "break in" nonsense is just a lame excuse from Glock about the bad job they are doing with quality control these days. In the sixties, I never heard anyone say their Browning High Power needed a break in period. Some of the crappy looking new ones made by other companies might, but the old authentic Brownings didn't.

The fact that Glock, with modern CNC equipment, cannot seem to make gun parts as accurately as all the other gun companies did 50 years ago is down right pathetic.

#58 Brian Lee, Oct 11, 2012
  19. Gavin S.

Gavin S.
    Expand Collapse

I just bought a gen 4 19. It has an AAFV prefix serial # and the casing was fired 9-27-12. I'm going to the range as soon as possible to see how it shoots. I kinda wish I hadn't traded my gen 3 for some yard grading, but hopefully all is well with this new pistol. I'll post back with a report. Any suggestions as to what I might do to bring more info let me know.

20. tnpatriot

tnpatriot
    Expand Collapse

thank you sir, it is an honor