close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

If your Glock works, this isn't the thread for you.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Fire_Medic, Oct 10, 2012.

1. firstg19

firstg19

Apr 4, 2008
    If you look through this thread, you will find that many of the posts are from a lot of the same people. I'm not saying the problems are not real, but I think the problem is a little over exagerated as to how many guns are affected. After spending quite a bit of time reading on here and being terrified, I started keeping track of who was posting and what they were saying. Based on this, I went out and traded on a brand new gen 4 g26, which I plan to shoot for the first time this weekend. Hopefully my analysis was right and the problem is not as widespread as it seems. You will find a ticked off customer is going to post and make much more noise than a happy customer.

2. kp352g

kp352g

Mar 13, 2005
    CenTex
    What in Sam Hill did Glock do to their pistols? It must be more than just extractor or ejector. It's a shame.

3. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    10 mm is silly and the ammo is way to high! ;-)

4. Markel

Markel

May 11, 2012
    Another alternative is a Gen4 Glock 23 in .40 S&W. They seem to have much fewer reported problems. I have 1,300 rounds through mine with no issues (04/12 test fire date).

Of the 1,300 rounds, the last 600 were through my Glock .357 Sig barrel. Also flawless and it is what I consider the ultimate 9mm cartridge.

I looked at the PPQ and it just does not fit my hand like the Gen4 Compacts. There is just something about the dimensions that are just right. Which is saying something since my favorite guns are 1911s! I just don't want to carry one.

5. judgecrater

judgecrater

Dec 24, 2011
    north GA
    First on mine too.

6. judgecrater

judgecrater

Dec 24, 2011
    north GA
    I would have loved to have been present while they were working on it. I too have a Gen3 21sf that started out with BTF. I removed some from the extractor step and removed some from the back side of the claw and it seems to work ok with a little bit heavier reload. Let me know if you learn more and/or how the new pistol does.

7. judgecrater

judgecrater

Dec 24, 2011
    north GA
    GPBob, we are in full agreement. My ignore list is growing also.

8. judgecrater

judgecrater

Dec 24, 2011
    north GA
    Can't tell you how many threads I have read and there is no universal fix. Each fix seems to contain a unique mix of replacement parts.

9. DPris

DPris

Mar 3, 2006
    Utah
    And that's something I have no interest in doing. :)
    When I bought my Glocks, reliability was included in the box at no extra charge.
    Denis

10. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin

Oct 30, 2012
    OH
    Swung by the shop/range tonight and talked to another of the guys at the gun counter. Told him Glock said I needed the new ejector, gave him the part # and he placed the order for new ejector for me w/ no issues. We'll see how it goes.

Shot another 200 rounds of the Winchester whitebox while I was there, focusing on grip and stance (a little too much maybe, I was ridiculously stiff and everything was ~2-3" down and an inch or so to the left w/ the sights lined up and front dot on the bullseye, grouping was better just consistently off). While it was better on the FTE front (3), around a third of the casings came back at 6 o'clock off the bill of my hat/glasses or over my head w/ a half dozen or so ejections to the left.