close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

If You Were God?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JBnTX, Apr 21, 2012.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    The Problem:
    You are given an island where several tribes live.

By nature and culture, these tribes are exploitative and belligerent.

This results in much suffering on the island, caused by war poverty and prejudice.

They have been living this way for centuries without any sign of improvement.

Your Assignment:
    To try to improve this society.

Under no circumstances are the natives of this island to be aware of your presence.

You have the opportunity to play God.
    What would you do?

http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48970646.html

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    If I'm God, how are you to tell me I have resources and equipment? I would be omnipotent and could do whatever I want to.

Your premise is folly.

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Save the girl with the biggest breasts. Nuke the rest from orbit. Repopulate. Vigorously.

Randy

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    I knew atheists couldn't take this seriously, because they'd probably do the exact same thing that God has been doing all along.

You can't improve on perfection.

:rofl:

5. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    The restriction is abitrary and the reason given for its inclusion is unsupported. It's only there to try and lead you into making decisions similar to those that are ascribed to the judeo-christian god.

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    God is an observer from a technologically advanced civilization? Wasn't that the plotline of every other episode of both Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation?

7. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    "Excuse me...What does GOD need with a starship?"

8. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Next time don't post something thats such an obvious farce and you'll get better responses.

9. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    You're right!
    I know better now.:rofl:

10. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    "You've not answered his question. What does God need with a starship?"

11. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Since I didn’t create the natives and they aren’t aware of my presence, I’d do what the OT god did with this planet. I’d make up a bunch of arbitrary and contradictory rules, not tell the natives what they were and punish them when they disobeyed me.

The natives are already living a miserable existence and I have no reason to “improve” their society to their benefit. I can “improve” it for my amusement, though.

Nobody said this task couldn’t be assigned to a psychopath.

12. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    It's better than riding an ass into Jerusalem.

13. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Handle it Old Testament style. Have one part of the population massacre the rest and you're left with a more sustainable population/resource ratio.

14. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan

Have all the tribes send a sacrifice of young beautifulwomen to my abode. Any that fail I will go Old testament on them. :)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Trough reward and punishment I will get all the tribes tofallow and worship me. I would also subliminally advance them technologically. <o:p></o:p>

Once they are allunited in their fear/ love of me, I will push them to a more technologicalstate, have them leave the island and conquer more lands for me. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

That is if I don&#8217;t get tired first and make it like battleroyal film it and sell it on pay per view. Last tribe standing is the chosen people.<o:p></o:p>

15. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    Subliminally plant suggestions that help them build boats and encourage exploration.

When the island is depopulated, hire a midget and an overacting Spanish man, in white tuxedos, buy a plane to ferry rich losers to the island and use my advanced technology to make their fantasy's come true.

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    If I was god, I wonder why insignificant things like these tribes, or even the island, need to exist in the first palce. Then I'd probably lose interest in them.

17. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    I would give them an outside threat that they can defeat if and only if they join forces.

Or kill off two tribes. leaving one to thrive on the island.

18. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    If I was a god I wouldn't do a thing. I mean, why would I bother with such insignificant, flawed, beings? I have other things to do, like ignore prayers.

19. IhRedrider

IhRedrider Not a walker

Mar 28, 2011
    For the atheists responding to this thread.

You profess to not believe in God, yet you have an opinion on what you would do if you were God.

So, you must believe in the concept of God, yet you just don't believe in the "current regime". Is this correct, or did I miss it?

20. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    You missed it. Just maybe, since they can't understand why god wouldn't act rationally given the current state of affairs and do something then they conclude he isn't there.

Next...