Glock Talk banner

If you could only choose one Glock, which would it be?

21K views 204 replies 186 participants last post by  kfive 
#1 ·
I'd choose to carry a Gen 4 G19.

#127 ·
I owned one and it was perfectly fine but for some unkown reason...it seemed to me to be a girl's gun. I know that is crazy to say but its too small that why wouldn't anyone just choose the fullsize man gun the G17.

I like the G26 but the 19 seems like a chick's gun.

Needless to say I sold it.

I myself will never get it myself...I just hate the 19. I know..I'm crazy. Man up and buy the 17 or the 26, but the 19 is a girls pistol.
I have all three (17,19,26). Also have their .40S&W counterparts (22,23,27). I find the full size pistols great for range use and for nightstand duty (not so great for concealed carry). I find the sub compacts excellent for concealed carry (absence of a rail for tac light limits their use for home defense for me). The compact models (19,23) work very well for both applications. Small enough to conceal easily, magazine capacity is great, ability to mount lights/lasers for HD. Very well rounded platform (size,weight, capacity) especially when it comes down to being able to only have ONE pistol to do everything.

#128 ·
It seems everyone chooses his or her favorite caliber, for what ever reason. you like the 9mm due to ammo availability and cost, and low recoil, and hi-mag capacity.
But the way things are now, i think price and availability are out the door. So, you can't go wrong. Like the .40 go for the G22 or 23. Like 9mm, you have the 17 or 19. I'm a .45 guy, so i like the G21. 13+1 of .45, whats not to like!:cool:so your 17 holds four more rounds:tongueout:

#132 ·
I owned one and it was perfectly fine but for some unkown reason...it seemed to me to be a girl's gun. I know that is crazy to say but its too small that why wouldn't anyone just choose the fullsize man gun the G17.

I myself will never get it myself...I just hate the 19. I know..I'm crazy. Man up and buy the 17 or the 26, but the 19 is a girls pistol.

I knew there was something about that 19, but just couldn't put my finger on it.!:whistling:

G30 for me...in all my manly glory.

#139 ·

Gen 4 G19 all the way.

#143 ·
G-21SF is the one for me. If I could choose two, then G-21 and G-19
I"m glad somebody agrees with me, I loves me some 45, sf21 with tac light, perfect for home, way to heavy to carry, g21, light enough and small enough to carry most days. I get in different moods for different days, some day's I carry a Kahr PM9, Gen3 G19 and a Kimber Ultra TLE. Hek, I've even been known on a hot summer day wearing just shorts to carry a seacamp 32, as the old saying goes, better a seacamp in your pocket then a 45 home in the safe :upeyes:

#144 · (Edited)
Is someone keeping track?

My first reaction was the G23.. but the finality of the statement and thinking a little its gotta be the G20.

CW

EDIT:

OK I counted...

G17 - 15
18 - 1
19 - 31
20 - 9
21 - 10
22 - 4
23 - 23
26 - 12
27 - 5
29 - 1
30 - 6
32 - 2
34 - 4
36 - 1
38 - 2

#150 ·
Glock 19 all day long
Glock 23 all day long... (and night) :bluesbrothers:

Thank you for your service! :notworthy: Just wanted to call you out!

(I was fireman for 9 years...loved it, miss it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.