Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

If you CCW, you can't see your junk

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by runcible68, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runcible68

Aug 23, 2006
    This priceless comment to Gail Collins' article in the NYT entitled "Pity the Poor Gun Lobby." came from Dean Hewitt of Sarasota Florida...

EXCERPT - regarding those who CCW

“The other main group is the masculine tribe who have gone to seed. Yeah that group who hasn't seen their own junk in twenty years with out the help of a mirror. They may have been in the military, maybe once been an avid hunter but I believe worried they no longer have it to protect themselves or project the proper image. They want the gun to feel like a man.”

1) I can see my junk.

2) If this guy made such an offensive comment regarding a minority, gay person or religion, his comment would have been blacklisted.

3) The Times asks for thoughtful and well written comments that add to the value of civil discourse. Nice to see it in action, huh?

4) Interesting to note that many, many of the comments regarding the shooting of Trayvon Martin on GT condemn the tragedy, think Zimmerman was a tool, or at the very least, think something smells bad about the whole thing. There are thoughtful and critically thinking gun owners here. Shame the same thing can't be said about those who comment in The Times. If you read the rest of the comments, they're all just as bad.

And no, you can't comment. They closed it earlier than usual. Probably didn't want any alternate points of view!
  2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    I don't carry so I can be a man; rather, I am a man, so I carry.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
  4. nguyen925

Mar 22, 2012
    I choose to carry to protect myself and/or others. Luck favors the prepared.
  5. frostamp

Nov 28, 2010
    I carry because I came to the conclusion that no one but family has my best interests in mind. I think of it as pro-active life insurance. The Family Plan.
  6. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I guess that means I carry a gun because I want to be a man?

I'm sure glad Lib Land is full of really smart people that have everything and everyone figured out. :upeyes:

7. I believe that it's a man's role to protect his family and castle. Let's face facts. We aren't any safer today than they were back in the wild west days. The law still shows up after the fact. Being a man is being strong and prepared to handle it. I guess the guy that posted that comment thinks you're more of a man if you are passive and unarmed. Carrying hasn't made my junk disappear from sight.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  8. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    What Frued actually said about weapons was that a fear of weapons is a sign of emotional and sexual immaturity. I for one, and tired of the lying leftists impunging my manhood because I like guns. Let them go to the 'Hood and tell some street gangsta' that he only carrys a gun because he has no manhood and see what happens to the leftist. BWA HA HA HA.

We need to ask the leftists what they want to do to us that makes them so afraid for us to be armed. Whatever it is, it cannot be good.
  9. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Wrong thread, sorry.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  10. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    I disagree with them so they must have smaller genitals.

that's beyond juvenile, borderline infantile. any more and he'll be soiling himself and throwing a tantrum crying for his mommy.
  11. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Angry Mama sez...

That's a nice gun, and I know you're happy to see me.

12. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Depends on the size of your junk. Mine is visible....

13. jastroud

Jan 3, 2006
    Upstate SC
    They can all kiss my junk if they can find it...wait...what?

into the groove...
  14. CA Escapee

CA Escapee Finally!

Feb 15, 2012
    Mr. Hewitt has obviously never heard, "A good man builds a roof over his tools."

15. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    I got a roof. Just not a carport. And, I weigh around 290
  16. CA Escapee

CA Escapee Finally!

Feb 15, 2012
    Oops! I was referring to Mr. Dean Hewitt mentioned in the first sentence of the original post.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  17. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    I totally missed he was a Hewitt
  18. SC Tiger

SC Tiger EL GATO!

Aug 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    This is true if you use a smartcarry...
  19. notjustanothermini

notjustanothermini 'OP'

Aug 11, 2011
    hell i usually

rock out with my glock and cock out.!! word.
  20. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Thunderwear! :wave:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.