close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IF this account is accurate and true....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by funky2714, Jun 22, 2012.

1. funky2714

funky2714

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47903601#47903601

IF this walk through by George Zimmerman is true....and again, we are talking IF it is true, as we have come to understand through the media that Zimmerman has a propensity for not telling the truth......but anyway, based ONLY on his walk through of how the event played out and assuming it is entirely accurate and true, do you believe he was justified in using deadly force?

I would love to get Massad Ayoob's answer on this but I know he must have a million reasons why he wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole!!

2. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I've felt since day 1 he was justified, still do

IBTL

3. Adjuster

Adjuster

Not sure what your questioning??? Given your 'if its true' stipulation and as Zimmerman states he was getting his head bashed into the ground and his nose and mouth smothered there is no question deadly force was justified.

/

4. funky2714

funky2714

Because I was not there and have no idea how it actually played out, it is very hard for me to definitively say, especially from day one, he was justified in using deadly force. But I will say, that based solely on this account that he gives, if it is accurate and true, I believe he felt his life was in grave danger and that he felt it was either him or Martin and he did what he felt he had to do.

5. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Ask the other eyewitnesses and see if anyone corroborates or disputes his statement...

6. funky2714

funky2714

I am simply questioning that based only on Zimmermans walk through of the account, do you feel he was justified in using deadly force?

7. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Absolutely, no doubt about it.

Based on his account, assuming for the argument it's true, anyone who says it wasn't justified is a f'n idiot.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  8. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

There are several threads already about this video, with links......

9. countrygun

countrygun

Despite the fact that the topic has been hammered in thread after thread, this is the essence of the issue.

10. funky2714

funky2714

For me, the question of disparity of force comes into play concerning a hand to hand situation between a 17 year old and a 26 year old. However, if in fact Martin reached for Zimmermans gun and told him he was going to die, then at this point is when I agree Zimmerman was justified in using deadly force to protect his life.

11. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

One punch one kill happens.

And reportedly, Martin was slamming Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk. I don't know about that community, but Waynesboro uses CONCRETE in ours......

Also, please keep in mind the photos of Martin that flooded the world were form when he was FOURTEEN or so, and a lot smaller than he actually was on the night in question......

12. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

IF that is what actually happened....especially the part about Martin going for his gun...then he was completely justified in what he did. Oh, and I'd say he looks fairly beat-up in that video, btw....

13. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

How does age have anything to do with hand to hand abilities?

14. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

we use concrete here as well. Its pretty hard.

15. Adjuster

Adjuster

Hand to hand and age and size of opponents have nothing to do with it. In Florida Zimmerman only had to feel/believe he was in danger of great bodily harm. Death doesn't even come in to play. Zimmerman only needed to believe he was going to get the crap beat out of him and this according to Florida statute triggers deadly force as a justifiable means of defense.

/

16. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

It's a good

[​IMG]

17. funky2714

funky2714

I agree with you!

BUT, in the end, your fate is in the hands of a jury. And they will see it as a 17 year old boy fighting a 29 year old man. If you have a hand to hand situation that escalates into the 29 year old shooting the 17 year old during a fist fight, good luck with that one. However, at the point where he reaches for his gun, THAT puts a whole new coat of paint on things. Shooting him before that occurs, COULD make it very difficult to get off.

18. funky2714

funky2714

Thank you for that information. I am not familiar with FL laws. Valuable information to know! Exactly why I posted, to learn something!

19. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

that pizza looks delicious.

20. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

I hope that once Zimmerman is found not guilty, that Martin's parents are both arrested and prosecuted for perjury, slander, defamation of character, and sued for monetary damages to Zimmerman for all he and his wife were put through. Oh, and all the proceeds from Matrins apparel should go to Zimmerman.