close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If the police need it, I need it.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ithaca_deerslayer, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    The Constituation lists the highest law enforcement official as the Sheriff. Look it up. You won't find it in the Bill of Rights, btw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc"]Knowing is half the Battle - YouTube[/ame]

2. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas

It hardly makes them equal. The BG's aren't restricted by any ATF regulation. They use whatever they can get their hands on. In Puerto Rico that can include nasty things like Law Rockets.

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Yes, and in NY all police officers can, on and off duty have access to the very evil assault rifles and high capacity magazines already banned here, that they want to ban for everyone nationwide.

That off-duty cop is simply bad ass, hands down, no debate.

4. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    The rifle or the shotgun or the handgun is not what makes an officer a bad ass. It starts with officer presence.

5. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Mar 20, 2009
    Out There
    Japanese girls are "Hawt" :cool:

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

You are lecturing to the wrong dude about what makes or not makes a bad ass. You see, I am eminently qualified on that topic, being I am the biggest coward ever. :cool:

No. It starts with the will to win, and the will to leverage one's life in the aid of another. Officer presence has nothing to do with being a bad ass.

7. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

The Police need hepatitis B inoculation shots, do you?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

8. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Part of it. But, officer presence has a lot to do with it as well. If you are sloppy food blister, no one is going to take you seriously if you are in uniform. In fact, you are viewed more as prey.

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Yes, I do. In fact, thank you for reminding me, I have to do my 6 month follow up shot before Jan 31.

Also gotta make sure either my AHA or ARC CPR stuff is up to snuff as well.

10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

I was talking about THIS :cool: particular bad ass. I don't recall reading he was in uniform, or driving a marked LE vehicle. I only read that he was "off duty".

Sorry for not being more clear.
    :wavey:

11. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah, those are a joy when you get a blood test by the doctor and they see the antibodies and freak out that you may have a problem. No, it is just that I have been inoculated is all.

12. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I was speaking in the general sense.:wavey:

When I am off duty or plain clothes, I prefer to NOT look like an LEO.:supergrin:

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Although the data point seems to exist, I am not sure the causation can of the lower crime rate can be attributed to lack of guns. If is was that clear, I would be able to directly see it.

The town I live in, when I am living in Germany, is actually split between Switzerland and Germany. On one side (Germany) guns are essentially not allowed and walking 400m almost every male citizen has a machine gun in their house. And yes, the machine gun thing is not a myth. When I worked in Switzerland, we had day when the guy in active reserve service had to shoot their yearly qualification, and there were a few Sig Stgw90 at work.

So if the causation could be made, Switzerland would have a higher crime rate than Germany and in fact Germany is ranked #7 in murders with firearms and Switzerland is ranked #17.

This is not an attack against you, it is simply showing that cause and effect and often are based upon false conclusions.

It much like saying "speed doesn't kill" look at the German Autobahns. When a high speed wreck occurs, it is often very deadly. The reason the death rate is much lower, is much better drivers. Compare Switerzland and Germany (with similar drivers and following the rules) and the German autobahns are much more dangerous than Swiss autobahns (with 120kmh limit).

False conclusions to support a side are often made.

14. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Also, I "needed" to sprayed in the face with OC spray to see how I would react to it.:supergrin: I wonder if anyone would voluntarily line up for that like the Police do.:rofl:

15. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl: (Agreed btw)

16. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    What kind of wildlife? Why is the shotgun the choice for wildlife? Is it more reliable for stopping them/it?

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    It is only a "win" for them if they can convince people to overlook the obvious slight of hand contained in that argument.

This is not a fact, so much as a tactic. We all know that someone killed with a knife is as dead as someone killed with a gun, but limiting the argument to "gun violence" automatically excludes a discussion of violent crime, overall, and a discussion of violent crime in context of that country's history of violent crime. Even with Japan's National Police having, allegedly, underreported crime, Japan's overall crime and violent crime have been increasing even faster than ours has been decreasing.

So the purpose of using the anti-gunner terminology is to distract you from reality and support the argument that guns cause crime, even when the evidence really says the opposite.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  18. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Thanks Rabbi, learning has occurred.

19. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

Apr 26, 2012
    WA
    That's cool. It's all about having choices. Ultimately this thread is about a point of debate that can be used to sway the mind of an anti --thats it. Having said that, I like shotguns too, I have two Benelli's and an 870, and that's good... 'cause I don't think any of them will be on the chopping block in the next potential AWB.

I personally would never choose a pistol for fighting if there was a rifle or shotgun available -- and given the choice between rifle or shotgun, I'd choose rifle. The M4 style rifle I keep available at night is shorter, lighter, and higher capacity than any of my shotguns. In spite of it's widespread use as a defensive arm, I view the shotgun as more of an "experts" weapon in that role. It's heavy, long, and high recoil... and at 3:00am if I was awakened from a dead sleep I'd rather not deal with all that.

That's what trips my trigger though, YMMV. As long as our choices are based on reality, were ok. But if one were to avoid the .223/ 5.56 round because they think it retains more killing power than their 9mm after penetrating building materials (it doesn't), because they think the bullet "tumbles" in flight (it doesn't), or because they think the shotgun is better because they don't need to aim it as carefully -- then they are operating based on myth and misconception.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  20. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

I try to avoid the word "never" when I am talking about firearms tactics. I can envision any of a few scenarios where I would find a handgun far more applicable than a long-arm. It would surprise me if you too, with some consideration were not able to arrive at that conclusion.

:cool: