close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If Paul wins the nomination.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G-19, May 2, 2012.

1. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    If by some miracle Paul was to get the nomination, I will vote a third party or do a write in.

After reading the comments made by his supporters there is no way I could support him. Anyone who's supporters advocate letting people starve, wish people would lose their jobs, etc is not a person I could vote for. Their disdain for anyone who disagrees with them in the slightest way is outrageous. I have not personally met anyone, from either party, that attacks people the way RP supporters do.

RP supporters have been quick to say how they will not vote for Romney. Some have said they will vote third party, and some even said they will vote for Obama. They say it would teach republicans a lesson for not following Paul. They are determined, that if the republicans do not nominate RP, to try and divide the party to ensure Romney loses the general election. They act like little children, they get hurt feelings so they want to take their ball and go home. I have said it before, you RP fanatics are his worst enemy. I am sure I am not alone on this.

I won't vote for Obama, but I also can not / will not vote Ron Paul.

2. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    That's fine. Vote for the anti-gun Obamacare architect if it makes you feel better. :dunno:

3. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    And voting for a racist bent on setting America back 100 years is better?

4. "Anyone who's supporters advocate letting people starve, wish people would lose their jobs, etc is not a person I could vote for".

Uh, Dr. Paul has never espoused any such positions. You've not listned to him.

5. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I did not say he did, I said his supporters did.

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Fair enough. Everyone should vote the way they want. I'm pretty sure Romney will run third party if Paul is able to sneak in the back door of the convention and sneak away with the prize.

It's an individual right, and an individual choice.

Personally, I'll be voting for Paul in the primary, but only because I don't have a better choice, and then the most viable Barry defeating candidate I can find in the general. It seems very logical to me. Not so much to others. But I can live with that.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    Hope and miracles are not plans. It won't happen. Better to think about the realities of getting another guy in the office.

8. The Machinist

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Where do you even come up with this stuff?

9. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    If Paul should steal the nomination... He will get my vote. More happily than voting for Romney. But he has to get the nomination. Because 3p just won't do it.

10. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
  11. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

For the people who claim RP is not a factor in this election, they sure seem to OCD about him a lot.

Racist? I'm sorry sir, but your card is over the limit and has been declined.

12. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'd add to that a bit. If he is able to sneak in the backdoor and steal/secure (depends on perspective, :dunno:OK?) the nomination, and there is a large popular backlash, and Romney is still the most likely to smoke Barry in the General, then it seems reasonable to vote for the guy that has the best possibility to beat barry, unless there is more than one that is at least close. A third party polling less than 20%, in the believable polls, and among your own informal one with your friends might be a nice pipe dream, and it's OK if you like to dream, but I have another top priority.

If all of the Paul Guys really want us to support them, then just do me one small favor, make sure Ron is the most likely candidate to beat Barry. Cause if you can't do that, you're candidate is a fourth tier runner in a two way race.

But for you, vote exactly the way you want, for the reasons you want, and with the approval of the people you want.

It's your right. Exercise it.

13. I think your real objections to RP are rooted in the fact that you make your living off of other people's taxes. Those of us in the private sector have to actually go out and produce so guys like you can get a paycheck. I know you can't understand the distinction but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

14. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    It is nice to know how RP supporters really feel about the people who put their lives on the line to keep them safe. I am sure there are a lot of cops, correction officers, firemen, and military members just lining up to support him. I must be twice as bad, I left the Air Force and took a job in Corrections. I must be a terrible person. Enjoy your freedom that is protected by the military, and the safety your local law enforcement provide.

It probably irritates the heck out of you that we even get to vote.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  15. The Machinist

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    None of those quotes makes him a racist. You're falling perfectly into the liberal trap that crucifies anyone with the audacity to point out marked differences in the behavioral patterns of the races that comprise the US population. I don't see him espousing white supremacy, or white separation. You don't even know what racism is, beyond the hackneyed version of it fed to you by the media.

You want to see real racism? Look at what the progressives have done to blacks. They've eviscerated an entire race, and transformed them into violent, government-dependent, family-hating monsters. This is because progressives despise blacks. They hate them, and have always hated them. You can go all the way back to model progressives such as Margaret Sanger, to see what they felt, and still do feel about blacks.

They think they're something less than human, and keeping them corralled in the government pen is the perfect way to keep them under control.

That's racism. Ron Paul is nothing like that.

16. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    But he likes their money, don't he. Or did you miss that part.

17. Actually I'm just pointing out that you subsist on money confiscated from people who are part of the productive class. I seem to recall you don't understand the difference between gubmint jobs and the private sector.

You could always quit "putting your life on the line" and go out and generate revenues rather than depend on those of us in the private sector.

18. The Machinist

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    This is why I usually only type a sentence or two in most my posts. Most people don't bother to read anything more lengthy than a text message.

Why waste your vote on Romney, when you could vote for Obama? Go big or go home.

19. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    You are welcome.

20. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Oh, I read it, but changing the table to point out other's flaws don't distract from RP's.