close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

If I hear one more 'Soldier'

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by deadday, Jun 13, 2008.

1. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Say they are going to vote for Obama because they don't want to go to Iraq, I'm going to rip the US Army tape off their chest and beat the **** out of them...I'll listen to, and accept the discussion from Soldiers who have BTDT, but these are ****ing AIT students...They joined YEARS AFTER the invasion, knew exactly what they were getting in to. I remember swearing an Oath and signing a contract, just as these 'Soldiers' did, and I don't recall anywhere in either that said I could pick and choose where I deployed to...:steamed::steamed: Am I off-base here guys?

drew

2. Not IMO! :highfive:

3. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    I think your pretty much dead on there. I'm glad I'm away from the A.I.T crowd honestly. They pissed me off so much it wasn't funny. I'm sure you know as well as I do that they'll talk one way until they get their deployment orders.

4. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I have to put up with the whiney-assed little *****es all day long at the hospital...And they say it with a straight face while working on or near me and several other SEVERELY (not me, I'm not to bad off) wounded combat veterans...We all just look at each other and roll our eyes...I don't understand these ****ing kids....I wouldn't want them on my team, in my truck, ****, I wouldn't want them on the same damned FOB/COB as me...****, I don't want them in my Army....Their damned Drills need to break out ole 22-102 and get their ****ing attitudes straight...

/extremely pissed off rant

drew

eta- damn that is a whole lot of **s

5. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I knew alot of people who voted for Kerry to stop the deployments. But looking back......

HAHA.

6. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    I remember getting stuck with some 1st Cav guys in my old barracks. I was 4th ID so they were getting ready to deploy. I remember, most wear 19D's, how they thought this and that about Iraq. I was trying to tell them to stop thinking the way they were but I doubt any of it sunk in. Some people have to learn the hard way, myself included.

7. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Some of my brother Scouts may not be the brightest Crayons in the box, but they will be the first in the fight, the first to step up for you, first to bail your ass outta trouble, and the best friend you could have...

drew

8. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    I was 11B, I got along with a few Scouts when I tried. It didn't matter was MOS a newbie was at first, they all got under my skin equally.

9. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    Did I write something that funny? I'm not getting into that whole Scout vs Infantry thing....

11. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    You just spoke the truth bro, that's all...:wavey:

drew

12. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    There's always a few idiots. We just had one guy declare that he was a "concientious objector" a couple months after he finished AIT...

13. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas

Laundry room party? :whistling:

drew

14. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    We just all ostracized the guy - it was the strangest thing I've ever seen. Nobody would talk to him or even make eye contact with him. Guys would hold doors for other people to walk through, then let them close in his face. It was like he was invisible - a ghost maybe...

And, it really messed with the guy's head.

15. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Well c'mon bro, you can't just leave it at that, how did it work out? Did he wind up being a chapter case? Did he get his head straight? I hope you didn't have to deploy with him...

drew

16. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    It wasn't that long ago - maybe 6 weeks. I don't know how it worked out yet

He stopped coming to drill, because he said it interfered with his religion (7th Day Adventist). Our AGR admin guy finally convinced him to show up, and he spent 2 days filling out paperwork for his CO status. I haven't heard what happened since then. He wasn't there for the following drill (1 week at Fort McClellan) or Annual Training (NTC). I'll have to ask about it next time I see one of our admin guys.

Since we're at 195% strength right now in the troop (150% in the squadron, 120 in the state), I think they'll let him out somehow. I doubt he'll get CO status, but I probably won't ever see him again.

We deploy in 10 or 11 months.

17. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    Please forgive me for dragging this thread off topic, but I just wanted to say that one of the bravest men I've ever heard of was a 7th Day Adventist and a CO: Private 1st Class Desmond T. Doss.
    Biscuitsjam, if you could, I hope you would show the young man in your unit that a person can be a CO, and not be a coward. Quite frankly I don't have the balls it would take to go into combat without a gun, not to mention while being unwilling to kill a fellow human being, and thus I admire those who can and do as much as I would the fiercest of warriors.

I hope the young man is being genuine about his CO beliefs; I don't share them, but PFC Desmond Doss' story certainly changed forever the way I looked at COs. Taken to its logical conclusion (in combat at least) CO is an ultimate statement of faith.

18. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    A CO that was drafted (I'm assuming he was a draftee given time frame and CO status) is a totally different story than a guy that volunteered, during wartime, and decided after training that he didn't want to play..

Hell of a story there on PFC Doss, and he is/was (not sure if he is still alive) one BRAVE man, and a damned fine Soldier.

drew

19. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    Alvin York, a WWI medal of honor winner and one of America's most famous soldiers, also tried to apply for CO status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_C._York

COs are not always cowards, and sometimes pacifism takes more courage than fighting. Still, somebody who voluntarily joins the military and THEN immediately decides to try and become a CO has some serious mental issues. He's not somebody I want watching my back.

20. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas

That's what I was saying...I have no qualms against a CO that was drafted into the Army...but this guy voluntarily joined, in wartime, and then decides he doesn't want to play...I have major problems with that...

drew