close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

If Christianity Is So Bad...

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JBnTX, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    You said... "yet you don't see me on Islamic forums" as if we are posting on a Christian Forum. This is NOT a Christian forum.

2. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Do you prefer, "At one time a significant portion of the 'educated' world thought the Earth was motionless at the center of the universe"?

3. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

All I can say is your argument sucks because you don't make one. You just hurl insults.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :) Whodoesloveyouinspiteofyourhatefulinvectives

4. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    My argument is true. No other religion requires less of its adherents than Christianity. And no other religion goes as easy on its adherents for failing to follow doctrine. This is why it's so popular. Because it's easy. Good old Jim and Martha have been married for 20 years... but OOPS! Jim has been banging his secretary for the last two years. IT'S OK GUYS! Just repent and everything is just dandy! Go talk to a muslim about dedication to their religion.

5. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    So I guess you are a Catholic, since half the world's Christians are.

Will you be ready to convert, though, when the Islamic people reproduce their way into the majority spot?

6. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Yep, I guess that is one way to view it. A bit myopic but hey no surprises really.
    Yep being a Christian is a walk in the park. I guess that is why people in other countries continue to get slaughtered because of it. God no doubt forgives but doesn't remove the consequences for the sin. Your right, Muslims are dedicated. I guess they missed the memo in the ME about how easy Christianity is and you call is stupid.... ....
    You are good at diversions though.

7. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    What's so hard about it?

Ah so if you repent and are forgiven you're still going to be punished?

8. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Are you really asking these questions or just playing the "straight" man?

9. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    I am a straight man... and yes I'm askin.

10. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I already stated what was hard about it - people dying for their faith and facing persecution. Not that Christians have a lock on it but they do suffer, just not so much in the US.....yet.

I didn't say that (there you are with putting words in my mouth). What I said was God forgives sin bu doesn't necessarily remove the consequence of our sin. Nice spin you put on it though. I'd give an analogy but you would just think it was wrong.

11. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not gonna happen if you subscribe to Biblical teaching. If you don't, I guess you could move up to MI in the Islamic enclave and see if you like it?

12. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    One thing you've proven, it's easier to be an atheist than to comprehend and live the Bible.

13. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

But they have certainly killed millions on the order of their atheist bosses.

No doubt we'll start splitting hairs and parsing sentences now.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  14. Obviously most people who think they are Christians are mistaken, or Jesus was mistaken in which case they're all mistaken.

15. They're not what JB would call Christian either. He's the only True Scotsman.

16. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Pshhh, ya. That's the whole point. It's also easier to just like sleeping with women than to have to bother with a furry costume or role play in the bondage room or some other kind of weird kink you need to get off. Some people are just like to make things more difficult than they need to be.

17. One only has to read a few posts on here to understand why Christianity is in decline. Give it a few more generations.

18. It makes sense because the only ones who survived adopted that attitude. When the Christians came to Mexico there were twenty five million Mexicans who worshiped their own gods. Twenty five years later there were one million Mexicans, most of whom were part Spaniard or African, who were all Christians. What does that tell you?

19. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

It tells me that if a population has no resistance to a communicable disease and no access to modern medicine, it can be wiped out quite easily by that disease.

Same thing happened in North America.

By the way, it's well documented, if you care to educate yourself.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  20. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    You're a bit weird, why do you think something like that excites me?I love to sleep with my wife as God intended.